CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

All Hallow's Eve . . . . . .

Don't you call it that? Anyway, I'm finally getting around to posting about our Halloween fun.  We had SOOOOO much going on.  Seriously, by the 31st, I was so ready for it to be over.  I lost count of how many times the kids wore their Halloween costumes with the school parties, trunk or treats, and play groups.  We all had a blast! 

I wanted the kids to be Snow White and Dopey.  Do you all have any idea how hard it is to find a Dopey costume?  (I gave up quickly after a search on Ebay brought up the word "rare" on every listing.)  Anywho, thanks to a steal of a deal, we came up with "The Cutest Monkey in the Entire World" and "Halloween Ballerina".  Ava's costume was $3.99 and I knew that getting Ava to switch from Snow White was going to be difficult.  Thus, the Halloween Ballerina was invented.  I knew that a plain old witch wasn't going to cut it.  What sealed the deal?  Her spiderweb tights of course.  She did get a little huffy every time someone told her what a cute little witch she was.  Duh people.  Isn't it obvious that she is a Halloween Ballerina, not a witch?  Geez.  Kai, on the other hand, was a little bit more difficult.  He cried hysterically the first couple of times that I tried to put him in his costume, but I am pretty stubborn and tortured him with it until he gave in and embraced his inner monkey.  I am not looking forward to the days when I am unable to manipulate my children. :) 

We had so much fun with all of the pumpkin patches, parties, and sugar cookie making.  The top right picture demonstrates what Kai thought of the bouncy houses.


The top 2 pictures on the left show how my kids felt about the petting zoo.  Kai was in heaven.  Ava, on the other hand, was a bit nervous, as I'm sure you can tell from her nervous smile.  I guess I would feel the same way if a pitbull bit my rear-end.  Poor girl is slowly working through her new fear of animals.   

Even me and my girls got in on the Halloween fun!!  I have a friend who puts on a Witches Tea every year.  Kellie goes all out with a 3 course gourmet meal and a slew of delicious desserts.  Witches attire required of course.  My good friend Raelynn is in the first pic and my witchy friend is Miss Adrienne. :)

A little pumpkin carving.  Don't be disappointed that I don't have pics of the final product, you probably would have ended up disappointed anyway.  The only whining I heard that night had to do with cleaning out the guts, and it came from the adults.

My three favorite people.  Ava told me she had to take Daddy with her to pick out pumpkins because she wanted a HUGE one!  Well, daddy delivered.  Daddy took his kiddos and picked out the "best pumpkins ever", according to Ava. 

The actual day of Halloween spent with fun friends and good food. My kids costumes lasted about 2 minutes that night and I couldn't get them to sit still long enough to take any pics. I don't blame them.



We were so busy this Halloween that it will probably take a year to prepare myself for next year!  Good thing that's exactly how long I have. 

7 comments:

♥ Jennifer said...

First of all, I love that song "hallelujah". Secondly, I was going to say look how big Kai has gotten, but then I noticed how big that makes Ava look. You're kids are growing so fast...I guess I should say OUR kids are!

Adhis said...

My 2-year-old just walked up, saw Ava's first photo up top, and said "witch." HAHAHA!


I actually saw a Dopey costume on a little boy. But since it's Utah, I have to assume the mom made it.

Jessica Carol said...

So funny because Ava kept telling me how cool her purple hair was. I can see why she was raving about it. Also I'm glad Kai came around I was infact there when we put that costume on him the first time. Surprised you don't have a picture of Randy all dressed up I know how much he gets into this kind of stuff :)

Anonymous said...

I think I need a lesson from you on the whole "cute blog" thing. Especially since I have some time now. :) Your kids are so cute...I need to see them again. They grow so fast. Can't wait for Thanksgiving/Christmas time!

Alecia and Sam said...

That first picture of Ava is unbelievable. She is so pretty!! I can tell Kai was in love with his costume!:) Next year we will both be able to dress up our kids... YAY!! You were one beautiful witch yourself my sister... pretty daughter, handsome son, and very pretty momma!!

Cravings said...

Your kids are so cute! I love that you decide what your kids are going to be, don't you wish we could do it forever! I am not looking forward to that day that my kids won't let me dress them up either. Loved the witches party!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

SO FUN! I LOVE it all! Every single thing :)