CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 7, 2012

Dance Recital 2012!

After getting jipped out of her "stage" experience last year, Ava was SOOOO excited for her recital this year! Funny thing is, she didn't actually dance on a stage, but still had her time in the spotlight. :) The recital this year was at a Winery here in P-Town and while the venue was beautiful it was an odd choice for a dance recital because it was difficult to see the dancers. I adjusted though and moved all over the floor getting the best shots and video I could! Ava looked beautiful and DANCED beautiful! As much as she loved being on stage dancing her little heart out, she really loved being back stage and playing with her friends the whole time. It was 3 days of rehearsal and 2 full recitals and she loved every second. We also fit her friends birthday party in and hosted EIGHT Young Women for Youth Conference the night in between her two recitals. It was a CRAZY busy weekend, but so much fun. I love my little dancer!
Not sure if you can tell, but she picked a lot of her own poses for this mommy photo shoot!  She did Jazz AND ballet this year so she got to perform 2 dances at the recitals.  I especially LOVED her pink and black ballet outfit!  Such a beautiful ballerina. 


I could NOT get Kai to cooperate so he makes an appearance a grand total of 1 time in this post.

A quick shot of the birthday party in between for my social little diva.

Kai plopped himself down right in the middle aisle to watch some of the recital.  He did a little watching and a lot of whining, but it could have been worse for a 2 year old at a 2 hour recital.  The iPad definitely helped. ;)

Ava backstage with some of her friends, her flowers and her fun dance teachers, Rachel and Sabrina.

1 comment:

lmackay32 said...

She is SO BEAUTIFUL! I love all the pictures, she is so photogenic!