CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Road Trip . . . . .

These kids . . . . . .

Happen to really like these People . . . . . .

Thus the reason for our last trip to Utah. It was a marathon trip too. We were there for almost 2 weeks. We were able to attend my cousin Braden's missionary farewell, play/work my dad's charity golf tournament, visit Fish Lake, and go to the Cougar's Home Opener. (I've got to be honest - the game was the main reason it was such a long trip).

In these top two pictures you'll notice Kai has a ponytail. My mom thought it was pretty funny. Randy didn't. To be fair, we thought it was less girly and more Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. What do you think? Kai also took matters into his own hands when it came to entertaining himself. We have his own bat, ball, and tee at home, but since Grandma Annie's house doesn't have one, he improvised with a vase, spoon, and practice golf ball. Genius. If I do say so myself.

Ava was, once again, in heaven when she found Abby to play with. Plus, this night was extra special because not only did she have Abby, but she also had corn on the cob. It just happened to be Mini Cheer while we were there so Ava joined in on the fun and became a little cheerleader for a week. She loved it. I loved it too because she was completely entertained for 1 1/2 hours every day we were there. Bliss.

We bleed blue. We're Cougar Fans. We love Bronco. We love Lavell Edwards stadium. This game was fun and exciting. The 2 quarterback system kept it pretty entertaining. BYU tends to get us all excited in the 1st game, then bring us back down a little in the 2nd game. We're hoping the 3rd game puts us on the upswing again. :)

My Kids + Playground + Grandma and Grandpa = Pure Joy

Ava managed to find the ONE muddy spot in the entire park and step right in it. For her, the initial reaction was devastation (pretty normal), but luckily she eventually found it funny. I love the top picture because it captures my kids so well. Ava: Always ready for a picture. Kai: NEVER ready for a picture and always moving.

Before you have kids, it's hard to imagine how your life will completely revolve around them. Life is filled with sippy cups, blow-up pools, playgrounds, and vacations to Grandma and Grandpa's. I love it.

5 comments:

♥ Jennifer said...

When did Kai get so much HAIR?! It makes him look even older. I love your kids' expressions in pictures. They're so entertaining.

The Mitchell's said...

Cute Cute pictures! You have such darling kids!!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

I love this post. I find that we are SO much alike... I just wished you lived closer! What a fun trip to visit family and of course, nothing beats the cougars home opener! I'm with you on hoping tomorrow is better! Glad you guys had a fun 2 week visit!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot to comment about Kai's "ponytail" hahahaha! At least your kid didn't rock a mullet for months before you realized he needed a trim :) He can totally pull off the smooth Gaston look!

Jessica Carol said...

I love little baby Gaston! Kai and Ava look so big! Its so crazy! I miss you guys so much I can't wait to see you guys again :)