Okay. So I never want to be one of those buzzkill bloggers, but here I go anway. I am putting this on here just so I can remember that I do indeed have trials sometimes.
January 20 - Kai got stung by a scorpion and we had to take him to the ER. He was fine, but little did I know it was the start of a chain of not-so-fun events.
Feb. 18 - I came down with tonsillitis. It was, literally, the day before my entire family came into town. It felt like the flu, but worse. I was so sick. Luckily I had my wonderful husband to take care of me.
Feb. 22 - Kai gets sick. He's burning up and wants to do NOTHING except lay on me or Randy. Doc said it just needed to run it's course. It took nearly a week for it to "run it's course."
Feb. 23 - I begin a miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks along. Not fun. 5 hours in the ER, bloodwork, rhogam shot. Misery. I've had my bloodwork done at least 5 times up to this point. As of today, I am still waiting for the entire process to be over, which, honestly, has been far worse than I imagined.
March 1 - Randy starts his new job which we are thrilled about. He wakes up in the middle of the night with what I can only describe as violent food-poisoning. Trooper that he is, he gets up 3 hours later and heads to his 2nd day on the job. Ava comes down with a fever and wants me to "cuddle with her on the couch" all day. She was really complaining that her belly hurt. Saturday rolls around and I'm kicking myself for not taking her in to her ped on Fri.
March 5 - So we head to Urgent Care. She has to potty in a cup which took almost 25 minutes, but I hear it could be worse. She freaked out about putting her finger in the little oxygen thing and it was an all-out battle to check her mouth and ears. Then she had to do an x-ray to check her belly. She was super nervous, but smiled cutely when they said "Say Cheese!" Bottom Line - Constipation and a possible bladder infection which she got an antibiotic for.
March 7 - I hurt my back. AGAIN! Doing nothing, might I add. Also, found out that I can't register Ava for kindergarten until she has her shots.
March 8 - Registration is tomorrow so we headed to the doctor again today. Believe me when I tell you that Ava is strong, stubborn, and hates shots. Oy. At least we all got doughnuts out of it.
Why am I relaying this sad chain of events? Because I want to remember it. I also want to remember how I've been feeling through it all. I've always had this weird feeling that my life is going too well and something bad is always lurking right around the corner. People bear their testimony in church and talk about learning from their trials and how they are grateful for them. Don't get me wrong, we have certainly had our trials, but this last couple of months has taught me so much. I can honestly say that everything we've gone through has humbled me and that I am truly grateful for my trials.
I am grateful for my wonderful husband that provides for us and my two healthy, beautiful children. I love my family so much and am so grateful that I am lucky enough to be a part of their lives. Sometimes it takes losing something, whether it's a miscarriage, good health, or anything else, to really see what we have. I've always been grateful for my family, but right now I am extra grateful for my family. Sounds lame, but it is what it is. Which, by the way, has been my mantra over the last little while.
I don't feel picked on or put out. Life is life and you just take it as it comes and try to have the best attitude about doing it. When I started my miscarriage I was pretty upset. It's hard to understand it without actually going through it, but it is so hard. It's unnerving, depressing, and something I wouldn't wish on anybody. BUT, with that said, I'm fine. Miscarriages happen a lot, to a lot of people, and while it's not fun, we make it through. I hope it never happens again, but I am grateful for what I've learned throughout the process.
I am honestly not posting any of this to get sympathy. I am truly fine. I'm happy. I'm grateful. The point is that we all have trials and bad things happen, but we can get through it. I've also decided to quit being afraid that things are going to good. Heavenly Father doesn't look at your life and think, "Hmmmm . . . they seem to be doing well, I better knock them back a little." I truly believe that He doesn't work that way. While I can say that I am truly humbled and grateful for what I have learned over the last little while, I also hope that today is the day that I can put it all behind me. That's what I've been thinking for two months though. :)
PS - I have never wanted to be one of those people that complains and talks endlessly about their ailments, so I promise you this is the end of it. :)
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
I learned a lot in this post. For one, don't ever move anywhere that has scorpions.
Two, *I* will stop rambling on my blog about the tiny imperfections of my life.
Well... maybe after one more post...
;)
This was a great post. Thanks for the reminder that things are rough sometimes, but they always work out! You're amazing.
You are in inspiration Lyns. Hope Everything is working out for you guys now :)
I hope things only go up from here. We love you guys.
I'm having a pity party day (well, couple of days) so this was good for me to read. I'm sorry you all got sick and that you had to deal with a miscarriage, no fun. Like the Watson's said, I hope things only go up from here :)
Thanks for the inspiration! What a wonderful outlook!
You are one tough girl! *when it rains it pours* I hope there is a rainbow in your immediate future. Love you!
It's really strange, but for the last few weeks I've had the weirdest feeling about you that something wasn't going right. Probably because you weren't blogging as much, but I should have "listened" and let you know I was thinking about you. I'm sorry for the trials you are going through and truly hope that today is the beginning of everything getting better. There's always a rainbow after the rain and I hope it starts shining right on you and your darling family. xoxo
Could I have more outstading examples in my life??? No. Thanks Lyns. I love you.
You are so strong, Lynsey. Thank you so much for posting this. I've been having a downer day and you helped me remember how blessed I really am. You and your cute little family are in my thoughts and prayers. You're amazing.
Lynsey, I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It truly is one of the worst things to go through, and I am sorry you had to experience it. My kids got that dang "virus" that just has to run it's course too...and it was freaking AWFUL! Your month has been so crazy... Hopefully the last couple weeks of March is going to be better for your family! Love ya
You.Are.Awesome. Thanks for this post.
I am sorry to hear about all of your trials. I hope that things do get better for you and your family. And I do have to tell you thank you for your post. It is good that we take a look at our lives and are thankful for what we do have and appreciate what we are given. Even if it is hard at the time. Love you!
Post a Comment