CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Like I said . . . . .

Family!  Our favorite people to hang out with . . . . Grandma and Grandpa Cuff came for a fun Easter visit and we had a blast!  We started our adventure off at South Point where we were *supposed* to go swimming.  Once again, that darn Vegas wind put a kink in our plans.  We proceeded to drown our sorrows in Cafe Rio and Nielsen's Custard.  :)  Luckily, we were able to swim the next day - and managed to fit Nielsen's Custard in one more time.  Our next adventure was a trip to Hoover Dam.  The new bridge is so neat and it's great to be able to park and walk up to the lookout without having to deal with all of the traffic and congestion right on the bridge.  I, of course, documented all of the fun in pictures.  Grandma and Grandpa also took Ava to Build A Bear for her birthday.  She picked out a "beautiful bunny" that sings "I Want Candy" and named her Emma.  She had so much fun and you'll see that Emma makes a few appearances in this post.

After that we took a trip out to where Randy works to show Bob and Vicki around and take the kids to an Egg Hunt.  The kids really went after the eggs and came out with lots of loot!  It was fun because Kai actually knew what he was doing this year!

We colored eggs that night.  I don't know what it is about coloring eggs but it is SOOOO much fun!  Ava was very particular about how hers were colored.  Kai . . . . not so much.  We had to help him understand that you couldn't just chuck the eggs into the cups.  It was a bit messy.

One of the highlights of the weekend was the Easter Bunny Cupcakes.  Ava absolutely loves making cupcakes, so we went all out for Easter and made a masterpiece!  Ava was so proud, and apparently they tasted good too.  It is so fun to have Grandma around for stuff like this because she is so helpful and patient!  I guess that's the teacher in her. :)

 The next morning the kids woke up to fun Easter Baskets.  The both got a new movie and I'm proud to say that Ava's movie is Annie.  The Classic.  We need to thank Grandma and Grandpa for introducing her.  Then we had a little egg hunt of our own.  Who knew you could pack so much fun into one weekend?  We had such a fun grandma and grandpa filled weekend!  Thanks for the visit!

Then it was off to church.  My favorite part of Easter.  We had an amazing lesson on the Crucifixion of Christ and it really ended the weekend on a high note.  If you ask Ava why we celebrate Easter she says, "Because Jesus came back to life."  I'm so grateful for the Savior and so grateful for my family!

   

3 comments:

Alecia and Sam said...

I really wish you would have told the story about Emma getting stuck behind the cupboard. who would have thought Emma would find the only hole and dive into it. Ava may of had something to do with it!!:) I love the picture of you and your kids. You look BEAUTIFUL!!

lmackay32 said...

Lyns your family is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the pictures.

LOW AND BEHOLD! said...

You seriously have such BEATUTIFUL kids! I can't believe the little one is already 2! You're obviously a very good mommy.