CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A little more birthday . . . . .

And then I'm done for a while. Except for the major BIRTH DAY that is coming up in about 3 weeks for Little #3. :) On Ava's actual birthday we did a little photo shoot out back with both kids. I can't get enough of these two. I just love them so much and feel so lucky to be their mom!



We were lucky enough to have Grandma Annie and Papa visit for a few days and play with the kids and their new birthday toys!  Ava and Kai were SOOOO excited to try their new ice cream machine so my ever so patient husband went to work.  Let's just say it was a little frustrating to get a small amount of ice cream, but the kids LOVED it and Randy made it happen.
Ava opening her new doll bed in the morning and the kids playing in the streamer decorations Ava woke up to.
Kai and I took cupcakes to Ava's class and watched everybody sing Happy Birthday to her.  She loved it!  As soon as we got home from school Ava had a package waiting in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa Cuff!  There are few things more exciting to little kids than mail addressed directly to them.
Ava specifically asked for Pancakes and Fried Eggs for her birthday dinner.  She is such a funny kid.  Papa got her hooked on those fried eggs.  She also got some SWEET roller skates from the Riddles.  She has LOVED them and it totally takes me back to my childhood.
I know it doesn't seem like it would ever come, but the birthday celebrations for the month of May DID come to an end.  Here's to another year with my beautiful now SIX year old!
Some things I want to remember about Ava at this age.  She LOVES school and gets upset if she ever has to miss.  She LOVES friends.  She LOVES playing with her brother (and fighting with him).  She is still very stubborn and can argue about ANYTHING!  My dad used to tell me I needed to be a lawyer because I could argue that the sky wasn't blue - now I know what he means.  She is so outgoing and friendly with people she knows, but comes across as quiet and shy to people she doesn't know.  I know!  Shocking!  She is an awesome big sister to Kai and cousin to Vienna.  She seems to have quite the motherly instinct.  She loves dancing, sports, loves to run fast, and is super excited for soccer to start.  With that said, she is such a girly girl.  She loves to look beautiful (which isn't hard for her!)  She loves to paint her nails, wear pretty clothes, curl her hair, and hang out with the girls.  She is an AWESOME cuddler which this Mommy loves!  She loves coloring, drawing, and writing and there are always 50,000 pieces of used paper all over the house and she likes to keep all of it!  Every piece is a masterpiece. ;)  She is a great girl with a tender heart, a stubborn streak, and a social butterfly.  We love her so much! 

1 comment: