Ava graduated Kindergarten last week and I swear it was harder than dropping her off at the beginning of the year! (which was really hard by the way) She had such a great school year with her wonderful teacher Mrs. Mattson and learned so much! She was excited about graduation, but not excited about not going to school for the whole summer. :) They wore these DARLING cap and gowns and she looked so beautiful and loved singing and dancing in the program they had prepared. She also got the "fastest girl in kindergarten" award and was very proud!
I, of course, had to take pictures of her last day of school. I just have this need to document everything!
Ava gave her teacher a plant that said "Thanks for helping me grow this year!" and wrote her a very special card that took a loooooong time to finish. She wanted it perfect. It says, "Dear Mrs. Mattson- I will miss you. Thank you for being my teacher. I had fun and learned a lot. Have fun with your new baby this summer. I loved Kindergarten." :) Funny thing is that her teacher is due the exact same time as me. I also had to put a picture in of Ava waving to me from the Kindergarten playground. We did it all year and Kai would get so upset if she ran off with her friends and forgot to wave to us. I'll tell you what, there was ONE time the entire year that I forgot to wave to her and it did not happen again!
Ava performing and receiving her diploma! Daddy also got her a fresh flower lei and she was the only lucky one to have one!
Kai and Zion loved doing the "chicken dance" and itsy bitsy spider with the Kindergartners.
Our sweet girl. We are so proud of her and know that this is just the beginning of many successes and accomplishments!
The day after graduation she got to go to field day and had a BLAST! She has not quit talking about it since and thought it was so awesome that they had to take their shoes and socks off so that the teachers could spray them all with a hose! She is such a positive girl and enjoys everyone and everything!











2 comments:
Cute grad day shoes! I know you're a proud mommy Lyns! I love Kai's big smile, so cute!
She is getting too big! WAiting for that lil' one to arrive!
Post a Comment