CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 3, 2012

Perfection . . . .

He is here and he is perfect! Boston Stoddard Cuff arrived on June 25, 2012 at 12:41 pm via c-section - 12 days early. He weighed 8 lbs 14 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. He has the cutest little dimple in his chin and looks JUST like his brother and sister, especially Kai.

The c-section was originally scheduled for July 2 by my OB in Vegas, but I made a last minute decision and headed to Utah to be with our family to have the baby.  With my track record, I knew that this little guy would come early and my Vegas OB just wasn't on the same page.  The c-section was then scheduled for July 29th with an appt. set up for July 25 with Dr. Bailey. Well, my water broke about 9:30 am on the 25th and we headed to the hospital!

 My pregnancy with Boston was not fun. The beginning was miserable thanks to the jitters from a previous miscarriage, the middle was miserable because of numerous problems they found on the ultrasound which could indicate a chromosome problem, and the end was miserable because I couldn't breathe and was in a lot of pain and still didn't know if my baby would be healthy. Not the best 9 months I've spent pregnant.

On the morning Boston was born I was in the shower wondering how I could go 3 more days. This kid kicked and punched like nothing I've felt before! Well, prayers are answered because it was only a few minutes after that when my water broke. We went in for the c-section which is the most nerve-wracking thing to know that you are going in to be cut open! We could not wait to meet him and see what the situation was.  Well, he is a perfect little angel, but we were prepared and ready to deal with anything that would come! We knew that he would be loved more than anything no matter what the outcome.

This surgery was far more uncomfortable than my other 2 for some reason and as soon as he was out and healthy, the anesthesiologist put me out for the rest of the procedure which was heaven sent!   Meeting him in the recovery room was so emotional for all of us.  Here are some pics of his arrival and our time spent in the hospital. I get teary eyed just looking at these pictures because it makes me realize how lucky we are to have this new sweet spirit in our home. Not only that, but we have such amazing, supportive families and are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. These pictures don't even show all of the love and visits we received from everybody! We are truly blessed and so grateful.
I love my hubby.

Our first family picture and the three most amazing kids I know!

Aunt Jessica, RN :), Grandma Annie, Papa, and Daddy checking Boston out.  I was happily in dream land at this point.  And how about those neck rolls?  My kids are chunks!

Meeting my sweet baby boy.

Of course Grandma Cuff was there!  Boston is grandbaby number 16 for them!

Meet and greet with Ava and Kai and lots of family! (Yes - Kai is wearing his hospital mask around his calf - not sure if that keeps germs out)

Seriously!  The amount of love in this hospital room was unreal!  I have to say that Aunt Alecia was a little ticked that I had him early because she had a perfect schedule set up to arrive just in time for his birth 3 days later.  Needless to say, she shelled out a little cash to arrive only a few hours after his arrival.  I think Boston totally appreciated it.  The entire time I was in the hospital I was so grateful I made the decision that I did.  I had my sweet sister as my nurse, even if she wasn't actually working - my cousin Robyn and Aunt Kris as my other nurses, even if they weren't actually working, my family 5 minutes away and my in-laws an hour away so I knew everybody was in good hands at all times.  Plus, my wonderful Grandma and Grandpa Warren were able to meet Boston right after he was born.



Robert is now an uncle to 4!

Heaven Sent!

4 comments:

The Park Family said...

UUMMMMM.....I cried. So happy for you!!

lmackay32 said...

Now I want a new baby! Your family is perfect :)

Micah said...

Congratulations! What a blessing that things happened so well for you. I'm happy for your family and your perfect new little man!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

He is seriously perfect! What a little sweetie. I'm so happy you were able to have him near all of your family. Something all of you will always remember. Your family is so darling, congratulations to you all!