CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Camping . . . . . . . . .

We are hard core campers . . . . . as of this week. We went camping for the first time as a little family all by ourselves. We packed up the tent and cooler, headed to Fish Lake, and had a wonderful time. Here are some pictures. It was so much fun, yet long enough for me. I was so worried about how Ava would sleep, but she slept from 9:00 pm to 8:00 am. I, on the other hand, woke up 55 times throughout the night. If Ava's gonna sleep that good, I might as well take a Tylenol PM to get me through the night. LOL.


Ava and Mommy.

Strutting her beautiful stuff.

Juice Box and Camp Chair. Complete Relaxation.

On the way home from camping. She is one satisfied camper.

Me and My Love.

Ava and her best friend, Dakota. Koda was SOOO sick of Miss Ava by then end of the camping trip.

Ava's first Smore. She LOVED it!

Breakfast in the mountains.

Daddy cooking delicious sausage and eggs. Why does it always taste so good in the mountains?

Ava and her daddy. They're best buds.

Who knew throwing rocks in the lake could be so fun!

Beautiful Fish Lake.

Does it get any better than this?

Helping daddy get some firewood.

Yes - My 2 year old does seem to be wearing a wife beater with a tattoo on her arm . . . . . . . .

She LOVED the tent. We couldn't keep her out of it . . . try as we might.

Walking in the freezing cold water. I was trying to keep her shoes dry by taking them off, but the second I put them back on, she walked straight into the water.

Eating a gumball.

"Walking" Dakota. She is so proud of herself.

7 comments:

LTC said...

Oh come on...nothing is wrong with wife beaters and tats! haha! Your camping trip looked like fun! We are dying to go, but I think we will wait until about October till it starts to cool off! haha

Kat said...

You and your family are seriously so cute! I love reading your blogs. It sounds like you all had a blast going camping. Maybe I can convince my husband to take us. LOL :)

♥ Jennifer said...

Yeah we should definitely plan a BBQ for when we get back! We're so ready to leave Texas right now. It will be fun to see you guys again. I'm excited for this little softball league that our husbands are going to be in too. Should be fun. Anyway, this camping trip of yours looked like fun. Ava is so cute! We should all go camping together sometime. Cade and I haven't been in like two years!

Kaydee said...

Wow, you are true adventure seekers! It looks like Ava loved it. Launey keeps wanting to take the kids camping, I am having a hard time convincing myself it would be fun. However, I have to admit your pictures do help a bit! Maybe we could take Ava camping and you could take our kids to your house, that solves everything! I will call to make arrangements.

Adhis said...

Food DOES taste better in the mountains. The secret ingredient is bugs.

Ford Fam said...

Looks like fun! I'm sure you came home dirtier than you could have imagined. How do gets get so much dirt on them!!??

Lori said...

Looks like you guys had fun Lyns. I wish we were with you, we learned after our last little camping experience that going with others might be fun. Hailey would have loved exploring with Ava! Can't wait to see her!