CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Time Out Baby!

Ava has had dolls pretty much since she was born. She's played on and off with one doll (which is obvious from the pictures - this doll has been very loved), but besides that hasn't had much interest; until a couple of weeks ago. She has recently become obsessed with her "baby." She plays with it constantly and I've been able to get a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. :)

The other day I was in the kitchen and I heard her say "No No Baby!" I looked over and she was placing the doll in the corner. A few seconds later she said, "Good Girl?", then proceeded to pick her up, give her a kiss and a hug, and the two were on their merry way. Hmmmm . . . . Wonder where she got that idea? Here she is with her baby in timeout.


Here are a couple of pictures of Ava teaching her baby how to rock on the rockin' horse. Eventually she decided it would be easier if they both got on and rocked together.



In this pic Ava is teaching the baby how to thread the shoelace through the little button. What's amazing is that my 2 year old can do this. What would be more amazing is if her baby was able to pick up on it! I'll post pictures when that happens. :)


And hear she is snoozing with her ragamuffin baby. She fell asleep with the sucker in her mouth. Can't be good for the teeth, but it makes a great picture!


By the way - I was going to add that my child usually does wear pants, but after looking at the pictures, I've come to realize that maybe she doesn't! :)

4 comments:

Kat said...

How cute is that! That is so cute that she is teaching her baby everything that she does. Even time out. He he he. :) What a good mom. She obviously looks up to you a lot if she wants to teach her baby like you teach her. Way to go!

Lori said...

That's so funny! Well, at least she is learning, right! We are so sad to hear we don't get to have her, Hailey is devastated. Next time you need someone, please call us!

Ford Fam said...

I'm kind of excited to do the whole dolls thing. Should be a good change. At least your child has a shirt on, Carson and Brynnley have been going around with nothing on!

♥ Jennifer said...

She's really starting to look like a little adult. Ava is around the same age as my niece, and it's funny how they both do similar things as they get older. I'll have to post some pics and stories about her, she's a crack up!