CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hard Labor. . . . . . . . . .

I know that typically, 2 year olds make most jobs a bit tougher. Whether it's showering, reading a book, or trying to update your blog. :) BUT, I have found a job that Ava LOVES. Today I decided that instead of us going to a car wash, we would just clean the car outside. We vacuumed the inside (which, by the way, 2 year olds do make more difficult), and then washed the outside. Ava had a BLAST! You would have thought we were in Disneyland. When we were done washing the car, I tried to get her to understand the concept of drying the car rather than washing it, but she wanted nothing to do with it. So, I'll take this opportunity to apologize to any neighbors that may have heard my sweet 2 year old's LOUD tantrum in the driveway. I'd also like to apologize for completely ignoring it. I've realized that sometimes that works better than anything else. :) So, moral of the story, 2 year olds CAN be very helpful, they just need to help with the right things. :)




6 comments:

Adhis said...

I'm with Ava.
Washing = Fun
Drying = NonFun

islandgirl said...

I didn't hear anything, LOL!

Sarah said...

Hey I found your blog! Hooray! I found it through Adhis' page. She's got everyone on there! Ok, Ava and Gigi need to have a playdate. They sound so much alike. Gigi LOVES washing the car, and while she doesn't like layers the way Ava does, it sounds like the kind of crazy thing she'd do. So seriously, playdate!

Ford Fam said...

We missed the tantrum, Carson usually makes the car more messy when we vacumm as well!

Kaydee said...

I tried a family clean the house day yesterday, and talk about things taking twice as long. I just kept telling myself that teaching Luke and Tanner to fold and sort laundry, scrub toilets, and load the dishwasher will pay off someday. When it does I will be outside in my tiny pool eating an orange popsicle while they clean my house!

Cami said...

Sweet....she can come do our cars. James gets mad at me b/c "I don't take care of my car" Please when you have two little boys eating snacks in there, i'd like to see how clean he would keep his car!!

PS I love your layers post...how funny!