CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh Ava . . . . . .

This girl has a lot of funny stuff to say. I can only remember bits and pieces, but here are a few things as of late:

Her new thing is to play pretend. On the way home from Disneyland (which I will be posting about soon) we played A LOT of pretend. At first I was Cinderella and she was Belle. Makes sense. Then I was Uncle Robert and she was her little friend Abby. Okay. Then I was the dog and she was the dog catcher. Now that's weird.

Today, while playing like she worked at a hamburger stand, she kept asking me what I wanted to eat because I "looked so hungry!" I told her to surprise me so she went to the store (up the stairs) and brought me back some lunch. What did she buy me? A sandwich and a cucumber. Then a Hamburger and Cookies.

I told her we were going to make Halloween cupcakes and she said, "Mom, can we PLEASE make cupcakes that look like Dora?"

She was scared to death of the characters in Disneyland. I attribute this to her brush of death with Chuck E Cheese a while ago. Anyway, because of that, she had to have her map close to her at all times while we were there. If there was a Dopey, Mr. Incredible, Mickey Mouse, or anybody around, she would frantically ask for her map, cover her face, and all was well. We were watching the Halloween Parade in California Adventure and she, of course, had her face completely covered. I asked her if she wanted to go ride the rides instead of watch and she said to me matter of factly, "It's okay Mom. I have my map."

3 comments:

Alecia and Sam said...

The dog catcher thing is hilarious and she cracks me up with her stories of disneyland. I loved when she said, "Mickey did not smile or hug me because I had my map!" That is one powerful map!!

♥ Jennifer said...

I love hearing stories about what children say. They make me laugh. Kids are so stinkin' funny!

Kat said...

How funny! Brinley was totally scared of the characters at Disneyland too. It's nice to know it just wasn't her. LOL Love your Ava. It was so much fun to see you in Disneyland!