CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Day Fit for a Princess . . . . . .


She is officially four! I can't believe I have a four year old. I realize that I'm four years older than I was when she was born, but really it feels like everybody else is getting older. I'm just getting wiser. :) We had a FABULOUS birthday! Presents and my signature Pop-N-Fresh Cinnamon rolls in the morning, a Princess Party, Dance class for the Birthday Girl, and Family to help celebrate. The theme of Ava's presents this year was, of course, Princess, anything girly, and skirts galore. This girl loves to twirl, and she's good at it. Every woman knows that a twirl is no good unless you have on a frilly skirt. Am I right Jess? Clogging skirts anybody?


She has not taken this skirt off since she got it. I don't see it happening any time soon either.




I decided to do a cupcake tower for a change this year. We did lots of fun colors and I figured Ava would love it. Well, on the morning of her birthday she said to me, "Where's my cake Mom?" I said, "Well honey, I decided to make you a beautiful cupcake tower for your party! Do you love it?" She said, "Sure mom, but where's my cake?" Hmmmm. She eventually came around and loved my idea too, but it wasn't working for her at first.

Ava had a few princesses over for a party and they played and played and played. Honestly, the easiest birthday party ever. Ava was in heaven.





My accomplices. We were SOOOO happy to have my mom and Aunt Jessica here for a few days. They were so helpful, especially when it came to making 2 batches of icing for the cupcakes. (My mom may or may not have messed up the first batch, which honestly consisted of 3 ingredients. LOVE YOU MOM!). They really did make the day special and I loved having 2 of my best friends there to celebrate with us.


Jessica was such a sweetheart and played a lot of Leapster and Strawberry Shortcake games with the Little Miss. Ava loved EVERY second and thinks that her aunts are the coolest girls ever.



Ava got to take cupcakes to preschool for her birthday and she was so excited! She's such a little ham.




I just had to throw these pictures in. The first picture is pretty much Kai's life in a nutshell. Poor kid. It's his own darn fault though. If he was less cute, happy, or kissable, he wouldn't have to deal with this craziness.

7 comments:

TAYLOR FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday miss Ava! What a cute party and cupcake tower! And that picture of you, your Mom and Jessica is darling!

Micah said...

My goodness, what a party! Those cupcakes look good enough to eat! Did you get her bowling shoes? :)

♥ Jennifer said...

I love that new pic of Kai at the top of your blog! He's such a stud! I really wish we lived closer to each other again. Those cute little girls in their princess dresses are darling. I'm glad Ava had such a great birthday.

Unknown said...

I LOVE her invitations!! Super cute idea sis! She is such a princess and I think she should twirl her skirt in the Kanosh parade... just saying she would fit in perfectly!!:)What a fun birthday and I laughed so hard when I saw baby Kai's eyes squished together due to some intense smuggling!! He is a good sport!!

Alecia and Sam said...

Okay here is the thing. Why it is showing up as Robert Mark Stoddard, I will never know. The comment is from me!!

Ford Fam said...

She looks so cute, love your invite! I wish Brynnley could have come to her party, she would have been in princess heaven! Miss you guys!

Em said...

I can not even believe she is already 4 years old! Totally fitting princess party. I love it! You are such an amazing momma! You just rock at it!