CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So Close, and Really Not Very Far Away . . . . .

On our way to Lake Powell, we took the beautiful drive through Capitol Reef. I had never been there before and was pleasantly surprised to see how beautiful it was! In fact, on the way to the lake, I told Randy that we needed to stop and see some sites on the way home. Well, that comment came before I twisted my ankle wakeboarding, so as we headed out, we didn't really have intentions of stopping. We came upon the funnest spot to stop though and just HAD to let the kids see it! It required a bit of a hike down and up and honestly, I was a bit miserable. I wasn't letting it stop us all from seeing it though! There was water gushing out of the rocks into a stream and the kids LOVED it. Actually, I think Randy liked it even more. One thing we didn't do in Lake Powell was cliff jumping. Luckily for Randy, he was able to do it here. It was gorgeous and such a fun stop for us! Sometimes I think we're always looking for bigger, better, and more beautiful and we forget that there is a ridiculous amount of beauty right in our backyard! (I still consider Utah my home, and this spot is close to my in-laws so TECHNICALLY, it's my backyard). Ava was yelling at me to take this first picture because it looks like a Princess Castle. Isn't it gorgeous?




4 comments:

Connie said...

That looks like so much fun. I truly love places like that, and I agree that we've got so much in our own backyard that we don't even appreciate.

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

So much fun!!! I love that you guys are always up for adventure! Your trip to Lake Powell looks like it was a blast! I've wondered how it would be taking kids down there... glad it was fun! Sorry about your ankle and the hike :(

Em said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Sorry to hear about your ankle. Oye. I can't even handle how cute your kids are. They are getting so big. Give them kisses for me!

Alecia and Sam said...

I forgot you like broke your ankle!! It was worth it though. You looked good on that wakeboard!!:) That looks like fun and it is really pretty. Glad you guys stopped for a little fun!!