CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lake Beautiful, um I mean, Powell!

A pretty good description of all of us at Lake Powell . . . . This kid cracks me up!
From Powell
So, I grew up with my parents going to Powell every fall. I never got to go. Something about an adult getaway minus the kids? I may not have understood when I was a kid, but now that I'm a Mom, I certainly understand. :) Well, this year, we FINALLY made it to Lake Powell. It was fabulous. Randy put it best when he said that Lake Powell is a hidden gem because it's so far away but SOOOO beautiful. My dad has a boat down there so we packed up the entire clan and went down for a few days. The kids had to wear life jackets the entire time of course and Kai threw a fit every. single. time. we had to put it on. Luckily his screaming didn't last long once the boat got moving. Even if the life jackets weren't a law, this mommy would keep them on her kids. It really helps with the peace of mind. Plus, my kids aren't afraid of much and that fact alone opens them up to boundless opportunities in a huge lake. It was especially nice to have Kai in his jacket because he couldn't move very fast at all. Poor kid. Anyway, here are a *few* pictures.

My favorite boys in the whole world . . .
From Powell

We did a lot of tubing, wakeboarding, and kneeboarding. Robert and I took a few tries to get up on the board. Not Jessica. Oh no, she put us all to shame and got up on the very first try, then rocked it. Little brat. Anywho - I am loving the middle picture of my painted toes strapped into the wakeboard. There's something cool about that. Maybe it shows that we girls can be girly but hard core at the same time? :)
From Powell

There were 11 people on this boat for 3 days straight. Luckily it was these people! We really have the best family in the entire world. (Oh, and Kai didn't actually lose his lunch. He just got a little over-zealous with the Gogurt.)
From Powell
To say that Ava was a fish is a pretty big understatement. We couldn't keep her out of the water! She loved being on the tube. Even more so, she loved jumping into the tube from the boat. She probably would have slept in that water if I would have let her! And as you can see, Kai can apparently sleep anywhere, or any way.
From Powell
My wonderful family and the cutest little swimming booties I've ever seen! Kai found the tube relaxing. In fact, it was relaxing enough he was typically asleep by the end of his ride.
From Powell
My babies. Boy do I love them.
From Powell

Seriously. How gorgeous is this place?
From Powell
After the fun, we were all a little worn out. Thanks Mom and Dad for such a fabulous getaway!
From Powell

6 comments:

Cravings said...

Ok 2 things...
1. Way cute pictures, looks like you guys had a blast, so jealous
2. How the heck did you do this to your blog??? I'm so retarded with blogging and making it look cool. (I'm lame I know) I love what you did to it!

Alecia and Sam said...

FUN!! What an awesome trip we had! We need to stay on mom and dad about making it an every year thing. Next year will be even better!!:) Super cute post!!

Adhis said...

Did you get a new camera? These pictures are awesome. I love the lighting in the first one!

♥ Jennifer said...

Look at Mr. Photogenic Kai!!! LOVE that first picture of him, and pretty much all of the pictures with him really. I still haven't made it to Lake Powell yet. Maybe one day when we all live in Nephi we can drive down together haha. ;)

Amannda Ashby said...

Looks like your family has had a fun summer. Lake Powell is a trip we have talked about doing for years maybe someday we will stop talking about it and go. Looks like a blast.

Micah said...

I love your new layout!

The pictures are beautiful, and I love how you displayed them. You have such a blogging talent! Glad you got the enjoy some summer fun.