CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas, Vegas Style . . . . . .

To start off our Christmas Season, we went and saw the Santa Parade at Towne Square.  Of course we all loved it.  I seriously teared up watching my kids get so excited.  You should have seen my girl when Santa lit up the huge tree.  At the risk of getting all mushy, it seriously about did me in.  It was so sweet.  They set up a whole Santa shop at Town Square and Ava had a million questions.  Here was our conversation:  A: Does Santa actually live there or just visit? Me: Just visit of course.  A: Well, of course mom because he lives at the North Pole.  Well, how does he get here? Me: I think you know the answer to that.  A: Oh ya, the reindeer.  How does he light up the tree? Me: Magic.  A: That makes sense.  I wasn't sure if Santa would actually come to Las Vegas, but I'm so glad he does. :)  The kids also got new ornaments for Christmas.  Ava's is Princess of course and Kai's was Toy Story.  You'll notice the lack of a picture of Kai with his ornament.  Some days you just have to pick your battles.  Also, as a side note, it really wasn't cold enough to wear all the warm clothes, but I'm a Utah girl at heart and I pretty much refused to go to a parade starring Santa Claus without beanies and coats.
Ava had a little dance recital for Christmas.  She danced to Jingle Bell Rock and every single time we heard it on the radio she would get SO excited.  She is such a good little dancer.  She loves doing all of her moves and listens to her teacher so well!  It doesn't hurt that she has her "very best friend" Taylor in class with her.  These girls are great friends.

Snow in Las Vegas . . . . *sigh* . . . . . this really makes me laugh.  They actually brought some man made snow to the park in our neighborhood.  I know all of you Utah friends are laughing at this, but when you live someplace without snow, you improvise right?  Well, it was a bit of a dissappointment because it was a pretty small patch of snow considering the amount of people that were there.  The line was probably over an hour to actually slide down the snow, so me, being the law-abiding citizen that I am, gave Ava full permission to jump the bales of hay and make snow angels.  The best was when Ava's friend Ethan made a snow angel face down.  We even got to see Reindeer, although Ava made sure to not get too close.   

Now this was pretty cool.  At Town Square they actually have falling snow.  We waited in line for *ahem* 1 1/2 hours to see Santa and while we were waiting they started announcing that there would be "Snow in Las Vegas."  Ava looked at me point blank and said, "What is she talking about?  It doesn't snow in Las Vegas."  Well, it did that night and the kids loved it.


My family came down for the annual Christmas Party in Pahrump.  Randy so kindly offered to stay with the kids so I could go with my family.  (With the agreement that I would send some yummy fried shrimp his way).  It was so much fun.  Good food and good times spent with the best family in the entire world.  How cute is my little sister's baby bump?  We cannot wait to meet that little girl!
 

3 comments:

Micah said...

It's interesting not having snow...we don't get much snow here in Phoenix, either! But all I have to do is look at pictures from home of everything covered in ten inches of the white stuff...and all of a sudden I don't mind my 75-degree weather and wearing shorts and flip flops at all. I would prefer the warmth any day! My blood is too thin now! Glad you got to have some "snow" in Sin City.

Alecia and Sam said...

I am so impressed that you actually got a good picture of all of us. Every picture Jessica looked like she was shrugging due to her sweater and I am apparently huge considering how far along I am!:) I love that Ava is so excited for Christmas. I can't wait for Christmas morning with all of you!!

Ford Fam said...

I LOVE that there is so much fun stuff to do down there. I think it is so fun they bring the snow in. As usual, I miss you every time I go out to shovel the driveway and the kids go out to play. Remember when we would be out there and the kids would just have a blast together. Sigh.... good times!