CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2011

You knew it was coming . . . . .

I'm playing catch up for the last 2 months!  I've been neglecting my blog.  Not because I haven't wanted to update.  I'm actually a little obsessed about keeping my blog up to date, but with everything that's been going on I just haven't had the time or the go-git-er-done attitude that I need.  Even at the end of the day when the kids are in bed and I have a couple hours before I go to bed and I could definitely accomplish something, I find that I would much rather sit in my bed and stare at something dumb on tv.  I swear half the time I don't even know what's on, but it feels good to just sit.  ANYWAY, I'm back and to all of my loyal readers (or reader, I'm not really sure - ha ha), here it is . . . . . .

Remember me mentioning the scorpion sting a couple of months ago?  Well, here are the pictures of the traumatic event.  I can't believe I am even putting a picture on my blog because it gives me the creeps, but here it is anyway.  My Kai with his hospital band and happy face.  (Believe me when I say he was definitely not that happy the entire night).  Might I add that we went to the ER (under Poison Control's Direction), waited for a 1/2 hour or so, and saw a doctor for less than 30 seconds.  It was a quick trip and it gave me peace of mind to know that everything was okay  (although as I walked out of the room the doc told me to make sure and watch his breathing.  Of course I was up most of the night with my hand in front of his nose).  Oh, and apparently peace of mind runs you about $955.  :)  We're just grateful that everything turned out the way it did.
We went to the dinosaur museum with Ava's preschool.  She loved it, but wouldn't go in the dinosaur room where they all roared loudly and moved their heads.  I have to admit, it was a bit scary at first, but we never made it past the scary point because Ava wouldn't even venture in for a second glance.
We also took a little day trip to Red Rock Canyon to hike one of the shorter trails that has a waterfall the first few months of the year.  My kids had SOOOO much fun.  If you give them rocks, dirt, sticks, and a trail to run on, they are in heaven.  Add a little water in and we may as well have been in Disneyland.  It  was a great day.

The bottom 2 pictures crack me up.  Ava wanted to pose on every. single. rock. she could climb on.  Believe me when I tell you there are many pictures that didn't make this blog.  I told you this is Red ROCK canyon right?  Anyway, this particular picture of Ava, which I love, was immediately followed by the pic with the dog, where Ava was obviously terrified.  She was scared enough that she even forgot about the camera for a minute.  Very rare indeed.

Lastly, some cute kids that, if you read my blog, you have seen quite a bit of.  I love them so much!

10 comments:

Ryan and Laura said...

hi friend! blog hide-and-go-seek is over. now come find me :) and maybe i'll follow your lead and update my blog too.

lmackay32 said...

Welcome back, you have been missed :)

TAYLOR FAMILY said...

cute pictures!! except the one of the scorpion of course! the last two pics make your kiddos look so grown up! i guess it's been a while!

Adhis said...

Why do doctors do that??
"Everything is just fiiiine. Just make sure he keeps breathing through the night."

I can't imagine Ava being afraid of anything. She has the most confident personality ever.

♥ Jennifer said...

I love Kai's hat and what a cute pic of Ava on the rock! I'm kinda glad you've neglected your blog b/c I haven't been good at reading anyone's blogs lately. I've been feeling like you and would rather just sit and watch TV at the end of the day!

Anonymous said...

I always love to see more of your adorable family!

Ford Fam said...

Love all the pics. Hey we have been talking about Carson's birthday and he keeps asking if Ava is coming? Do you think you will be up here in June at all?

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Looks like you've been having fun like always :) MINUS the scorpion sting. I would have been right there in the E.R. with you. That's horrible!

Your kids are such the adventurers. I love it. You have a darling family

Alecia and Sam said...

I love your kiddos. Also, I love you! I read your post before this one and wiped away the tears. You are amazing Lynsey. You are a strong and extremely faithful person. I hope I can have the same outlook on life. You are inspiring. I love you and keep updating your blog because I love all the pictures of you guys. xoxo!!

Jessica Carol said...

I love all theses pictures Lynsey. You guys are the cutest little family. Seriously.