CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I have a Kindergartener!

Bittersweet!  That's how today was.  I sent my baby girl to kindergarten!  (By the way - she still lets me call her that, but only when nobody else is around, and only after I explained to her that I wasn't calling her a baby, just that she will always be MY baby).  Ava has been looking forward to kindergarten ALL summer!  Then we went to orientation with a lot of people and she's been a little wary about it ever since.  We had a fun "Back to school" party complete with pizza, a lesson on how to treat people, father's blessings, and a movie night.  When she woke up this morning she cam running into my room with a smile on her face.  I said, "What's today?"  She yelled, "Kindergarten!"  She went immediately from all excited to her sad face telling me she didn't want to go.   The next thing I knew she had on her new school clothes asking me to do her hair.  Honestly, she was reminding me of Rapunzel when she leaves her tower.  A bit of a split personality.  Well, she put on a brave face and I, I mean we, made it through the drop off.  She sat right down and started on her little project.  I stood at the back of the class trying to get my emotions under control so I could go and hug her goodbye.  It makes me sad that she's getting so old, but I am also so excited for her!  When I picked her up she said, "I really liked it Mom!  I'm just not sure if I can go every day."  Such a funny kid.  Most of what she told me about her day had to do with the playground rules.  It's really hard for me to just leave her there because I want to be watching what she's doing and how she's reacting to it.  I guess this is just my first lesson on "letting go."

Kai wanted to be in this picture so bad, but Ava was having none of that.  Poor kid. :)














Oh, and believe me, I still have a lot of summer to post about, I just had to post about this asap!

5 comments:

Molly said...

I love your hair!! It is so cute! Your kids are way cute too!! Love your blog!

Adhis said...

That's so sad about Kai being banned from the photo. It tugs at my heart.

I hate when LilDhis excludes my sweet little Maya and makes her feel so sad. They just don't realize that at this stage, they are their little sibling's very best friend in the whole wide world!

Nic & Trudi said...

Seriously you're kids are SO cute!! And I am LOVING your dark hair!!!

Life with the Lee's said...

Can't believe she is already that big! So excited for you!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Soooo cute! I can't believe she is in kindergarten! I'm sure Kai is going to go through with drawls while she is at school :( She seems beyond ready for kindergarten though, so I'm sure she is going to have a BLAST!

I love your hair! You are all darling :)