Grandma and Grandpa Cuff came to visit us in November and we had a blast! We made it out to Death Valley and it was really fun. It was so warm in November I can't even IMAGINE how unbearable it would be in the summer. We had a picnic, perused the visitors center, and went on a fun little hike. Ava was disappointed in the "little hike" we took to the scenic view so Randy took the kids on a much longer hike while Bos, Grandma, Grandpa and I looked on. We also happened to be there during some fun celebration so we got to see the cool "20 mule team." It was pretty amazing to see the wagon pulled by 20 mules and the kids LOVED it, but I have to admit, I was having visions of one mule going crazy, causing the other 19 to go crazy, and us running for our lives to get away from the stampede of mules. I know, dramatic much? We had a blast and had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa with their visit to P-town.
We also celebrated Daddy's birthday in November. I personally think he gets better and better every single year. We love him and are so grateful for the amazing man he is. My kids, especially Ava, LOVE birthdays. Ava made a zillion little cards and papers and wrapped them all up for daddy. She's a crafty and thoughtful little soul.
Ava's elementary school, which is AWESOME, does a "turkey trot" every year. It was so much fun. I will take any little excuse to go to the school and see Ava in action so Kai, Bos and I went and celebrated with her. Her principal dressed up like a turkey and read them all a book, then they did relay races, yoga, and a 1 mile walk. It's put together to promote health during the holiday season. (And how about this November weather?? Gotta love it) Ava even won the turkey trot coloring contest and she was SOOO excited. I seriously love my kids. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment