Well, it's official, my baby is scarred. We had a pretty crazy night last Monday. Well, at least it was crazy for me. I was playing volleyball with the neighbors and Ava was playing on the porch. She fell backwards on her little folding chair and really started crying. I, of course, being calm, cool, and collected like I always am, made a mad dash to pick her up thinking it was one of her many falls that could be fixed quickly by a hug and a kiss. Well, as I held her, I looked down at the concrete and thought, "Is that blood?" Then I looked at my hand. Yes - It was blood. She had banged the back of her head hard on the porch railing and got a nasty little cut. As I moved the hair out of the way, I immediately felt myself starting to panic. I looked at my neighbor and said, "Oh ya, she needs stitches." I thought I sounded normal, but my neighbor, Ken, apparently didn't think I was completely stable. :) He took her and I ran and got a towel. All three of us got in the car and headed to Urgent Care. The entire way Ava was pointing out buses, yellow cars, and big trucks, as she always does. She had stopped crying before we even got in the car and she didn't cry at all until the doctor put her 5 staples in. She was so good. I was fighting back the tears while they put the staples in, and if the process would have been longer than 15 seconds, I probably would have collapsed. Ha Ha. Well, they wanted to put a bright pink bandage around her entire head and I was able to convince her to because it was a big bandaid. If you all don't already know this, a bandaid can fix anything. You should know that. Ava does. :) Well, the doc said to try and at least keep it on over night, but didn't seem to have much hope that it would happen with a 2 year old. Well, he doesn't know my daughter. She thought it felt better when it was on, so she kept that bright pink ninja band on her head for 2 days straight. It was hilarious. Even now, she has a regular bandaid on her head, even though it's nowhere near the cut and won't stay on because it sticks to her hair. Now, to some of you seasoned mothers this may just be another day for you, but it was my baby's first big boo-boo, and I'm glad it was only this bad. It almost makes me sick to think of her ever getting hurt any worse. Here are some pictures of my little ninja:


What else do you need? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, blankies, and a massive bandaid! :)

Completely worn out after a hard day

I could not wake her up because she was so tired. I was trying to get her swimming suit off to get her in the tub and she fell back to sleep in my lap!
8 comments:
Lyns
That is so scary, I am so sorry that happened. It's always scary when there is blood. I hope it gets better soon even though she looks so cute in her band aids! So Cute!
Why is it always so much more painful for the parents thsn the kids??? I hope you have both healed perfectly.
I'm glad everything turned out to be ok. I can just imagine how scarey that was for you though. But I love how she thinks having a band aid on makes it feel better. Whatever works!!
Lyns,
Thanks for the sweet comments on our blogs. We just love you guys! Our girls love little Ava so much, thanks for bringing her down yesterday, it was so fun!
Nice weekend you and your sisters (and I must mention your Mother) had. Next time you guys are in Vegas, try to stay out of trouble--I know it's hard for you party animals!
I'm glad to hear that she is doing better. :) She looks so cute in her little pink bandage.
Your little Ava looks so dang cute! I know that the owie is heart breaking, but man the ninja bandaid is priceless. I just got caught up on a few of your posts, I love the Vegas post. Man I wish I could have been a fly on the wall! How fun you are! And yes, I do know that you are one of the funniest people in the entire world.
wow, I'm glad everything is okay. I am not sure how we have escaped something like that with Carson. I know it is just coming...
Poor baby! Hmmm... did I just say that to you or Ava? It's a toss up. I hate when the kids get hurt. It makes me cringe just thinking about it. The pink "band aid" was a good idea. That probably would've worked with my kids too. Hope you feel better Ava!
Post a Comment