CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sun Valley Fun . . . . . . .

Every year, my family takes a trip to Sun Valley, ID. It is seriously one of the highlights of the year. It is so relaxing. We eat and swim the majority of the trip, but we get in quite a few other activities as well. This year we played beach volleyball, tennis, went bowling, and went trap shooting. As far as tennis goes, Alecia and I beat mom and Jess 3 games to 2. It was very close, very exciting, and very intense. If we would have had an audience, they would have been going crazy. :) Alecia and Sam beat Randy and I, but it was a fluke. It never should have happened and will never happen again. Plus, we refuse to play them again if Sam can't get his temper under control. :) Beach Volleyball was really fun too. Well, if you don't count the fact that the court is surrounded by stinging nettle. Robert got the worst of it. Our family is pretty hardcore though, so the poisonous plants didn't sway us from playing. Ha Ha. Bowling was exciting. The bowling alley is seriously from the 1950's and it is so fun. The low of the day was 53 and the high was 164. Go Sam! We obviously have varying levels of bowling skill. Trap shooting was great. I want to give a shout out to Jessica for nailing 3 out of 25. Atta girl! Dad took the gold, but the rest weren't too far behind. I was most impressed with Robert. My dad refused to let him shoot anything less than a 12 Gauge. He could barely lift it, but he surprised us all and did awesome! We had such a great time and can't wait until next year!

We'll start out with these pics. Soon after we got there, Ava and Robert were playing outside. I heard Robert yell, "Lynsey!" I ran out and he came up to the door holding Ava. They were both SOAKING wet. Apparently, Ava had decided to make a mad dash into the middle of the pond and Robert, being the great uncle that he is, decided to save her life. :) What a way to start the trip.


Oh the swimming we did. Ava was a fish and couldn't get enough of it. We only hit ONE swimmer in the face with a football, so all in all, it was a pretty successful adventure.







Just hangin' out at the condo. We watched a ton of the Olympics (Go Phelps!), Randy and Robert went over football plays, and we had a little WII time. Plus, I was surprised how entertaining coloring can be for grown adults. Who knew? Jessica and I also got in a lot of Twilight reading. That is probably why I didn't manage to get any pictures of Jess. :)





Have you ever seen a cuter bowler? Seriously - those tiny bowling shoes cracked us all up!



8 comments:

Lori said...

Way to go Tennis champs! Sounds like you all had a great time on your little get-away. And leave it to Ava to get into a little trouble (all the time looking so cute:)
We're glad you all had a blast. We can't wait to get together with you guys again!

I love the Jumping pictures, send me some if you get a chance~

Kat said...

Your trip sounds like a blast! Your family is totally cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun. I love that your family is so competitive---I never would have guessed that!! Ava is so darling and I love to see pictures of her getting so big. Family vacations with everyone there are the best. Too cute!

Ford Fam said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I love the little bowling shoes too! Now that you are back you can go walking with us in the mornings!

Kaydee said...

Did Ava get a haircut? It looks so cute, whether or not a cut was involved. I am glad that you had such a great time in Idaho. Isn't it great to be able to play games with adults every once in a while. I am not saying that ring around the rosies isn't a blast, but big kid games are good for a change of pace. I am also glad that Robert saved Ava's life, maybe you should buy him some ice cream or a puppy or something. Just a thought.

The Rupps said...

Hey Linds! It's me..Camille Park. Jakoye told me about your blog. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my friends list. Your blog is so cute. I hope that we can keep in touch. Visit my blog...brianandcamille.blogspot.com. I hope to hear from you soon.
Camille

Cami said...

So jeslous...looks like you guys had lots of fun!!

Sarah said...

Lyns, will you adopt me? Your family looks like so much fun! Of course you'd have to adopt Steve and the kids too. You're cool with that right?