CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Something Sweet

Ava has decided that she wants to be rocked at night before she goes to sleep. Deep in my heart, I know that it's because she wants to prolong bedtime for a bit, but I choose to believe that she needs to be near me because she loves me so much. She was never a cuddly baby, so this is my reward for going through her baby stages without a lot of snuggling. Well, I've started singing her a song that my mom used to sing to us when we were little. It's from the Movie "Bye Bye Birdie." Although I've never seen the movie, I know the song well. It goes: (and this is my version) "Oh I love Ava, Oh yes I do, Oh I love Ava, and it is true, When she's not near me, I'm Blue!, Oh Ava I love you." Just recently Ava has decided to sing along with me. It is the cutest thing. She sings in her sweet little tiny voice and her favorite part is singing the Blue part really loud, although it's more like BWOOOO! I know this is a random post, but it is just so nice to rock her and have her sing with me. Plus, she appreciates my singing voice. :)

2 comments:

Kat said...

I have a song that my mom and grandma use to sing that I sing to my kids too. When I sing it to Brinley, Caden sings along with me too. He use to sit in the rocking chair and rock himself singing the song. It is totally cute when they pick it up and start singing with you. :)

taryn said...

hilarious! can I come over at bedtime and listen? I love it. what a doll.