CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Frustration and Love . . . . . . . .

I don't know why I decided to blog about this, but here goes. The other day I was sitting at the computer catching up on some blogs. It was one of those potty training, Ava not minding me, trying to do everything she can to annoy me days. I know you all know what I'm talking about. Right? Right? I'm not the only one. Right? :) Anyway, I was so frustrated with her and had resorted to basically completely ignoring her, which is hard since she was brushing my hair. Wait, let me rephrase that, she was using my brush to press down extra hard on my tender head, scraping my ears, and pulling my hair in the process. Not the best feeling in the world. So, I was reading through my little niece's blog and it got me so emotional! I wasn't necessarily sad, just emotional. I sat there reading, tears streaming down my cheeks, and my daughter causing me a lot of pain. The next thing I know I felt her little hand wiping away my tears and her little lips kissing my cheek. She kept saying, "mommy sad?" I loved her so much right then; even with the many potty training mishaps and a bruised head. :)

10 comments:

Kat said...

Thank you so much for sharing that with me. I checked it out and it truly gave me hope. :) I am sitting here tears running down my face and watching Brinley in her swing sleeping a sweet sleep wondering what is in store for her in her life. Your neice's story shows me that good things happen. :) Caden saw me crying too, and came up asking me what was wrong and gave me a huge hug trying to get me to stop crying. What a sweet heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sarah said...

Your neice's blog is beautiful -I teared up too. Thanks for sharing with us. And I'm glad you had that moment, where felt that love for Ava so much, even though she was driving you crazy. Like a love epiphany or something. We need those more often.

Joyful Mother of Children said...

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I thought I was sad when I stopped homeschooling this year and put the kids back in school, put this really put things into perspective for me. My Coby very easily could have been in those shoes, and he is such a blessing and a miracle in our lives. He starts Kindergarten Monday, and I'm a little worried for him, but he only has minor delays. Thank you again for sharing.

Lori said...

Lyns,
I'm crying right now and I'm speechless. I am so touched by your sensitivity to our family. I don't write about Myah for people to feel bad for us, because we don't. We are so proud of our little Myah, and are thankful for her everyday. I'm just grateful and humbled that you, or anyone else would be touched by her. She has changed our lives for the better, and it's wonderful to see our friends and family learning from her. She is not on this earth for herself, is she?
Thanks Lyns, Love you!

Ford Fam said...

You don't know how many moments I have had like this! It always takes kids to make us realize how lucky we are and how much we love them.

Kat said...

Lynsey, I tagged you on my blog! Have fun, and again, thank you for sharing your niece with us. She is an angel.

Bobbilynn said...

hey Lyndsey! I found your blog through Brittany's, hope you don't mind if I stop by every once and a while to check on your cute little family! We have a blog too but it's private. If you'd like to see it I'll need your email address. Anwyay, see you at the game on Wednesday!

Bobbi
bobbilynn112@gmail.com

The Watson's said...

Lynsey I just read your niece's blog and I will continue to read it because it is so inspirational. I am glad you shared this with me. Thanks you

McKel said...

Lyns
It just shows that your a mom and that somedays you think can I do this another day? and then they do something like that, as if they know that you need it. So cute~!

Kendall's said...

I know that you have missed me so much, so here I am!!!! Yes your long lost best friend, Jenna.....
I can't believe how big Ava is...
And is that Alicia with a man???? Sorry that didnt sound very good I am not suprised or anything.
Hope to see ya soon, where are you anyway huh????????
And I am gonna add ya to my buds, hope you dont care and if ya do Oh Well I still am LOL LOL.