CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Changes . . . . . . .

We got some really great news last Friday. Randy was promoted to an outside sales position over his own territory. This is GREAT news and is so good for our family. It's the job Randy has been trying to get into since he graduated. The thing is, his new territory is in Las Vegas and he starts August 31. So, we are moving to Las Vegas. I can't believe it. I have so many mixed emotions it's ridiculous. We feel really blessed and happy to have this opportunity, but I am so sad to be leaving family, friends, and wonderful neighbors. It looks like we were able to get a renter for our home really quick and they want to move in this weekend. Great. Things are falling into place. The only problem is that Randy left for Alaska this morning and won't be home until Sunday. Then we leave for vacation on Monday. SOOOOOO, my sweet mom and sisters are going to help me move out by Friday. I went ahead and booked a moving company so that I don't completely lose my mind. Here's to the next chapter . . . . . . .

18 comments:

islandgirl said...

Lynsey, I am waiting for you to say April FOOLS! Seriously, has Ken even seen that baby yet? LOL! That's great that place is SO easy to rent, huh! Vegas, still not far from here, but dang! Good thing there's blogs and Facebook!

Sarah said...

I'm excited for you -sad for us. It's awesome that he got his job though, and that everything's working out so well. We'll miss you!!

Aubrey said...

What a great opportunity for Randy. But we're so sad to be losing our dear friends. Hailey is NOT going to be happy. We'll miss you. Its a good thing we have lots of family in Vegas and we can see you when we come down.

Annie Nielson said...

I thought the same thing...I'm just waiting for you to say 'April Fools.' Alecia just moved back up this way and you're going down there.

Do you know how long you'll be down in Vegas?? Is it temporary or permanent??? I assume it's temporary since you're just renting out your house. BTW, I'm glad you've already found renters, but moving is so stressful. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Lyns said...

No April Fools. We're really doing it. I can't believe it myself. Don't worry Clarice, we will make sure and see you guys before we go. Now we REALLY have an excuse to stop by. :) Ava is going to be so unhappy when she realizes her friends aren't moving with her! We decided to rent because of the market and we're planning on at least a couple of years in Vegas. Our ultimate goal is to raise our family in Utah, but this is a great stepping stone in Randy's career.

LTC said...

So maybe there is more to the name then I thought...I hear ya on the moving solo game...and the away from F&F game...but it will be a good thing for you guys!
I am excited for you...keep us updated!

Jenn said...

SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!! I can't believe it. Is that why you didn't do the good news minute Sunday. I'm so excited for you guys! Now we have someone we can visit if we head to Vegas. I just can't believe it is happening so fast.

lmackay32 said...

WOW, those are big changes! Congrats to Randy and the promotion. I hope everything goes smooth. *Not to put a damper on things, but make sure you book a respectable moving company. My friend moved from Missouri to California TWO months ago, and she still does not have her things. It took one month to get a truckload of them and they are still waiting for the rest to show. Just be careful, I feel so bad for her, I don't want anyone else to get ripped off like that!

Heidi said...

Sniffle, sniffle. I didn't want to be nosy with all your rental questions, I was just hoping you were having someone move in WITH you guys. :( We will miss you tons, but know that this is a great opportunity for you guys!

Kaydee said...

That is totally awesome! I kind of envy you, sometimes I think it would be nice to pack up and try out some new scenery! If you find any high paying jobs and sweet places to reside for us, sign us up, we'll be neighbors! That really stinks you are moving without the help of your hubby!! I can't even imagine! Thank goodness for family.

Adhis said...

Does your renter know that Adhis has dibs on your garden? Let me know if I need to slip a note through the door.

Cami said...

Tear. i am sad, but excited for you guys and this new adventure. Guess we will have somewhere to stay when we need a pit stop on our way to and from cali!! :)

Remember to Breathe said...

SAD!!! But AWESOME!!! I can totally understand why you say you are full of mixed emotions right now. I'm just glad we got back in touch. You have such a beautiful little family! I wish you the best in Vegas...
Oh, my new email, by the way, is:
carli.wright@juab.k12.ut.us.

Jenny said...

i'm glad we all got to catch up a few times in the last month! good luck in vegas. especially the heat. :) what a great opportunity for you guys! at least now we have a reason for not seeing each other as often. :)

The Watson's said...

We are very sad, and Tylee will miss Ava very much! I am so sad. This experience will be great for you guys. We are coming to visit as soon as you find a place to live! What about a goodbye party?

Em said...

Oh Lyns! That makes me so sad! At least we have one more reason to go to Vegas! Congrats to Randy. That is awesome. Also, good call on renting your place out. We will miss you!

Kat said...

Lynsey, we miss you tons! Glad to hear that it is such a good experience for you and your family. I hope things go good for you all. Enjoy your family vacation. :)

Jon and Aim said...

I am happy for your new opportunities and can't wait to read about them. We will miss you!!