My children are pretty good at entertaining themselves. Most of the time. The problem is that Ava wants everything that Kai has and Kai wants everything that Ava has. Until they get it, then they want something different. Thus why we usually end up in tight situations. Like them both squeezing into the Little Tykes car. They also make up some really random games. One of them goes like this: Ava goes and gets each of them a shirt (they have to match - Kai gets Mickey and Ava gets the Princess shirt). Then they throw it in the air over and over and giggle and laugh when it lands on their face, the computer, or the curtains. Oh the joys of being a kid.
We made a little trip to the Bass Pro Shop nearby. It's like Cabela's and the kids loved it. There are a ton of stuffed animals and even a few real animals here and there. We expected all of that. What we didn't bargain for was the "real" mermaid they have there. Ava thought it was the coolest thing ever. Randy and I thought it was a little creepy. I just kept thinking about how weird it would be to do that for a living. Get up, go to work, put on your fins, swim in the tank with the sting rays and fish, wave to the kids and smile for pictures all while being under water. How would you list that on a resume? Professional Mermaid? Anyway, Kai must have been impressed because as you can see in the first picture, his jaw completely dropped. :)
We also decided to go to a neighborhood celebration they had at the park a little while ago. We thought we would brave the 115 degree heat. Well, it was just too darn hot. (A recurring theme throughout this summer). We were there for a few minutes and then made it over to the splash park which put the kids in heaven. I just loved the middle picture. So typical of my children. 1 - Kai has the drink 2- Ava wants the drink 3- Ava takes the drink 4- Kai flips out. Ava has her fill, gives it back to Kai and says, "Here you go buddy. I will share with you."
2 comments:
Oh linds, story of my life.....one kid has one thing and then the other wants it. So fun. That splash park looks like fun!
And your powell trip.....jealous.
Love your blog layout and how do you get your pictures so big???
I love your new blog layout. I love that the pics are so big--I don't have to squint to see who's in them :)
I'll email you about LASIK, etc.
Love your posts!!
Post a Comment