CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 7, 2012

October Fun . . . .

Halloween 2011 - I was able to go to the FABULOUS Witches Tea that my friend Kellie puts on every year and once again, it was amazing. Great food, great friends, and great atmosphere. It always brings out the sassy side of me and Adrienne. See what I mean?

I volunteered to help with Ava's Halloween party because, let's be honest, I will take EVERY opportunity to see what's going on when she's away from me! (I'm still adjusting to her being such a big girl!) She loves school, friends, and parties so she was in heaven. Notice my candy corn cupcakes. I was quite proud of them.  Yes - there is a random picture of my messy Kai.  Do you notice a recurring theme here?
We got to do some pumpkin carving.  Kai was done with it pretty quick, but Ava, being the perfectionist that she is, scooped and scraped out every.last.seed that was in her pumpkin.  She was beyond proud of her Little Mermaid jack-o-lantern.  Papa even got in on the action.
Here we are all dressed up.  It's pretty easy to guess what we are.  Ava is Daphne, Kai is Scooby Doo, I am Velma, and Randy is Fred.  The original plan was to have Randy be Shaggy, but Ava pointed out that Fred is much more handsome so it made a lot more sense to have Randy be Fred.  Such a smart girl.  In case you haven't noticed, Randy has very dark hair, which makes it difficult to get it blonde.  Luckily with a combination of yellow and white hairspray, we were able to get it a beautiful green color.  Whatever.  He still looks like Fred. :)  Oh - the other picture is of Randy dressed up as a cowboy for work.  It's a record.  Randy NEVER dresses up, let alone 2 different times for Halloween.  The kids and I must be rubbing off on him.
I just had to throw in this darling picture of my sister's family as the Wizard of Oz.  Sam is pretty much the scariest scarecrow I've ever seen and Vienna is the LEAST scary witch ever.  Love them!

No comments: