Sunday, June 22, 2008
And She Sleeps . . . . . . . . . . .
So, my kid NEVER goes to sleep in funny places. She's too active and never relaxes. She's been like that since she was born. She'll go to sleep great as long as she's in her room, in her bed, with the light off. When I'm in the mall, I always look longingly at sleeping kids in their strollers. The look like little angels. And their mothers? What can I say? Their mothers look refreshed with a certain glow about them while they get a short break and actually enjoy shopping. That's NEVER happened with me. I'm always chasing my kid down the mall. At home, I'm always wishing she would just calmly drop off to sleep on the couch and give me a few minutes to relax. Not so much. You know how parents always have pictures of their kids asleep in a high chair or some other odd place? Well, now I have mine. The one and only time my daughter has actually drifted off to sleep. We may be cruel for videotaping it instead of making her comfortable, but people who know Ava would never have believed it if they didn't see it for themselves. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Lynsey! Hi..I found your blog, I am not real sure how..but I did! Your little Ava is so cute, and the story about her never falling to sleep ANY WHERE but her bed, and you looking at other mom's feeling jealous...I can totally relate! McKay NEVER sleeps any where but his bed, and he pretty much hates shopping, so I just try real hard not to go! It just isn't fun! Your family is so cute. Any more kids soon? Just a word of advice.. 15 monthes apart is WAY to close! We will probably see you at the Stampede! I am going to add you to my little list k!
Post a Comment