CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Scare of my Life! But a bit funny . . . . . . . . .

So, Ava and I were outside today. I was watering the plants and she was running all around the house like she always does. I can always either see her or hear her. Well, our dog has a little squeaky toy that fell into the window well. It's a pretty good distance down so I was waiting for dh to get it, but I kept forgetting to tell him. SOOOOOO, I'm watering the plants and I hear the squeaky toy. I'm thinking, that's odd, I thought it was down in the window well. The next second I hear Ava yelling,"Mom!" Not in a bad or sad or scared way, just the way she always yells at me. Then I hear the squeaky toy again and it dawns on me. I run over to the the window well and SHE IS DOWN IN IT! What in the world? She was just standing there, holding the squeaky toy. I had to run and get Randy to get down to get her because I can't get out of it if I get in. That's how far down it is! I have NO idea how she got down there. If she just kindof jumped in and just happened to NOT get hurt? Goodness! Last summer a little kid fell down one of the window wells and broke his leg. Anyway, I've been meaning to call about window well covers ever since we moved in last November. After today, I guess I'll be doing that first thing in the morning! I would never have forgiven myself if she would have gotten hurt!

3 comments:

McKel said...

Lyns
That's funny because I have been worring about that same thing and you just reminded me so I will do that today! That's scary! I'm glad she was okay!

Adhis said...

Correction: the little kid last year was attempting to RAPPEL into a window well with a garden hose and broke his leg.

Holy cow! I, too, wonder how the heck she got down there! Maybe she has secret superhero powers and you just don't know it. Perhaps, she was bitten by a radioactive spider?

The Watson's said...

Try Home Depot. My parent's have the plastic & metal ones. I like the metal ones the best, because you can walk on them. I would have been frightened to, good thing she is a clever girl.