CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sinners Welcome . . . . . . . . . . .



My two little sisters, who live in Vegas, surprised me with a little weekend away to come and visit them in Vegas. I packed up my stuff and my mom and I headed down. It was SOOOOOOO much fun. They're the best sisters ever and we had a wonderful time. There was a lot of talking and laughing. I'm not sure if you all know this, but Alecia, Jessica, and I are funny. Very, very funny. We literally crack ourselves up. Now, whether or not other people think we are funny is still up in the air. We went to Cirque du Soleil KA, which I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone. It was SOOOO great. Amazingly better than Blue Man Group if anyone cares. Anyway, my mom and I were also able to meet Alecia's cute boyfriend Sam. He is such a nice kid and we just fell in love with him. He plays in a band called Think and the first night we were down there, we decided to stay up late to go see his band play on the Strip in Vegas.

Well, this is where it gets interesting. He was playing in a bar called Diablos. Which by the way, the theme of this bar is "Sinners Welcome." Oh ya. The problem was, you had to be 21 to get in. Jessica is only 19. Sam told us not to worry about it because we were with the band and just there to watch them. Well, we underestimated how hard core Security was. Literally. The main guy must have been bullied in high school because he was seriously getting back at the the world by taking down the enemy (my 19 year old sister Jessica). Well, he wouldn't let her in, so Sam snuck her in around the back. We were just hangin' out checking out the high class people in the bar, and drinking our ice water. My mom especially loved the LOUD LOUD band that was playing before Sam. Seriously, they were horrible. Well, I saw Mr. Security come up the stairs. We had to think fast. Normal, law-abiding citizens would have just marched that little 19 year old back down the stairs to the safety that was the Las Vegas Strip. Not us, we quickly had Jessica hide behind the pole, and through a series of vague points and head nods, guided her around and around the pole as Mr. Security moved around the bar, obviously looking for the deviant that was my sister.

Well, we won. He stared at us long and hard, but Jessica was nowhere to be found, or so he thought. :) We thought we had it made and went back to the bad music, mixed drinks of ice water, trying not too breathe the air too deeply, and screaming at the top of our lungs to hear each other. Believe me, we crazy Mormons felt right at home. We were there for over an hour waiting for the band to play at Midnight. We had five minutes until they played and we could smell the victory of accompanying a minor into a bar. Well, right then we noticed Mr. Security, but it was too late. He saw her and we knew we were busted. Well, normally I would think that he would come up to Jessica and say, "Hey, you gotta go." Oh no. This guy had a bone to pick. Jessica stood up behind the pole not knowing what to do. We were all staring helplessly. What ensued for the next 10 minutes was the Security guys speaking forcefully into their mouthpieces, walking around the bar "nonchalantly" and finally the big take down. It was ridiculous.

Jessica had started just walking out of the bar, but they would have none of that. Probably 5 or 6 security guys circled around her. This is how it looked: Sam putting his arm around her trying to get her out, my mom trying to get the security guys attention all the while saying, "I'm her mom! I'll just take her out!" Which, let's be honest, is hilarious. Anyone who knows my mom knows that's just how she is. Hardcore fighter of security guys who tries to sneak her underage daughter into bars on the Las Vegas strip. :) Anyway, Alecia and I looked on wondering what was going to happen. The security guys escorted the underage threat, my mom, and Sam down to the street. Well, they were using colorful language. Yes, colorful, that's how I'll put it. Sam didn't feel they were being respectful, so he was trying to let them know that. Well, that just ticked the security guys off even more.

To make a long story even longer, two cops became involved, talk of jail was loosely thrown around, although it was never a real possiblity according to one cop, and in the end Sam was thrown out of the club, the band played without him, and Jessica was crying because she felt bad. Hmmm . . . . . not a typical weekend for this family! LOL! In the end, it was probably the funniest thing I have ever been involved in. It was a bummer that we didn't get to see Sam play, but it was a GREAT weekend filled with great company, good food, great shows, laughter, and oh ya, running from Security. Thanks for the good times!




9 comments:

LTC said...

Oh to be a fly on the wall! haha...all you had to do was turn that water into something else and maybe you could have used a colorful word as well!
Fun times...

Marci Rasch said...

Yes...it is 2:16am and I just read your post about Vegas...crack me up! That darn Jessica...hahaha! Sounds sooo fun! BTW...I think you are all quite funny...you have my vote! Remember when we took a trip to Mesquite in the Intrepid!? That was super fun and funny! Good times...

Kat said...

Oh my goodness. You jail bird you! I can't believe you would get in trouble again.... :) Sounds like you had a blast on your trip. I have always wanted to see a Circus show. They look awesome. I'll have to try and talk Bill into it. LOL. Have fun reading your book, it is great!

Adhis said...

I just KNEW when you moved into the 'hood that you were TROUBLE!

Adhis said...

Heywaitaminute. So this place advertising "sinners welcome" can tolerate anything but the unfathomable sin of being 19 and listening to your boyfriend's band? Sounds like Satan has gotten a little soft.

(Joinks... that almost sounds like an invite for trouble...)

Lyns said...

Exactly Adhis. It seems to be quite vague as to which sins are welcome. :)

Anonymous said...

Your story is so funny!! I can't believe Jessica is so grown up. I know it has been a long time since I've seen her but to me she is still just your little sister like back when we were at Snow. All of you look so much alike (your eyes especially.) I'm glad you had so much fun and keep all of us laughing!

The Wright's said...

Okay.... That had to be the funniest story I have heard in a long time!! I was laughing out loud, by myself!! Isn't vegas so crazy?? Poor Jessica, and your mom! Alecia's BF is cute... I really wish she would marry Dustin though!! Ha Ha Tell her I said hi okay!

Sarah said...

Best story ever! I'm inviting myself along to your next Vegas trip -I don't care if I have to hide in the trunk!