CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 12, 2008

A Few Things I LOVE about Christmas . . . .

Lemon Bread. I LOVE Lemon Bread. My Grandma Stoddard used to make it for me when we were little. She knew how much I loved it so she always made some to bring to our house during Christmas. As I grew older, I told her I really wanted the recipe. She gave me her handwritten recipe straight from her recipe box which I use to this day to make Lemon Bread. It means so much to me now since she passed away last year. I don't claim to make it as well as her, but I do think she's up in heaven loving the tribute!

Focusing on Christ. I know that we all try all year to keep our lives Centered on Christ, but there is something really special about this time of year. It's like His presence is so near; especially with children around. This is a picture of Ava and the Christus on Temple Square.

The Winter Cold. I LOVE when it is cold. As long as I'm bundled up I don't mind being IN it, but what I love most of all is seeing cold and snow outside while we're comfy and cozy inside. The cold just reminds me of this time of year. I love the change of seasons so much!

Holiday Traditions. This is us at Temple Square last weekend. I remember going when I was little and hopefully our kids will remember these experiences years down the road! Not only are the lights amazing, but the spirit at Temple Square is beyond comparison. We got to go with Sam this year and seeing it through the eyes of somebody who hasn't experienced it before is like seeing it for the first time!

Christmas Lights. I thought I loved them, but Ava ADORES looking for Christmas lights. It is so fun to see all of the houses all festive. This is a pic of our house. I don't know if you can see it, but my wonderful husband put up our lights this year and it looks great! I am so proud of him and my lights! I think this year is the start of a new tradition. :)

The Christmas Tree. There is nothing better than putting up the Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love having the glow in the house and looking at all of the ornaments with Ava. She knows just which ones are hers and which ones are her favorites.

Lastly - the hustle and bustle of the season. There is SOOO much going on and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love going to parties, seeing friends and family, and getting ready for Christmas day. Plus, it wears out my child which always makes a mom happy!


There are PLENTY of other things that I love about Christmas, but these are a few of my favorite things.

12 comments:

Ford Fam said...

Cute post, I might have to copy. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this time of year. It is so much fun!!

Jennica said...

Love this post and now I am craving that bread. I have never heard of it before, but I LOVE lemons and grandmas/their recipes!!! Can I have that recipe? If so, I would love it...my email is jennicaweeks@hotmail.com

Thanks cutie!

jill said...

I love this time of year also, there is something about this time of year that just makes you feel so happy and warm inside!! That lemon bread looks delicious, I think I will have some. You will have to give me the recipe, unless it is a secret family recipe!!

♥ Jennifer said...

That's got to be the best picture of Ava, halfway off the bed. I love it. This was such a great post. It sounds like you had a good experience at temple square. I love seeing the lights up there! We miss you guys! We need our weekly game-night back! Anyway, the lemon bread looks yummy. I'm sure your Grandma is proud. ;)

Nic & Trudi said...

I totally agree with you about this time of year. It's definitely the best time of year. As far as that lemon bread goes, Nic really wants it, so I was wondering if I could get the recipe from you. I think I should be able to have it since it's a family recipe...hehe.

Jennica said...

mmmmmmm...I just had a bite and that was a YUMMY treat girl! Looks like I am not the only one that wants your grandma's recipe!

Jennica said...

thank you!

The Wright's said...

That is such a cute post! You are such a good person...quite inspiring actually!! Ava is getting so big! She is so cute!!I hope that you are feeling well, and I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!

Nic & Trudi said...

Hey Lyns I just realized that I don't have your phone number and I also need your address to send you guys our Christmas card. Email it to me at trudi.warren@gmail.com so it's not posted here. Thank you!!

Meredith said...

That pic of Ava konked out in her bed is hilarious! Thank you for the yummy lemon bread!! It was gone in like 2 seconds haha

Cravings said...

Yummy! I love lemon bread if that's not a family secret could you email me that recipe. luenutt@hotmail.com And cute pics I haven't been up to Temple Square for atleast 7 years, I know sad.

Alecia and Sam said...

Lemon bread was a hit!! I think you should bring some down to Pahrump! That way I don't feel left out :( That lemon bread reminds me of grandma too and it is seriously so tasty. Way excited for this weekend!