CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fun Kid Recipe . . . . . . . .

The other night while Randy was working, I decided that Ava and I should do something fun. We are always making cookies and stuff, but I wanted to do something different so I found this great recipe for "Homemade Ice Cream in a Ziploc Bag." It worked great! Here is the recipe and some pics to show off the fun:

1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup half & half
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (I ran out and used regular vanilla in one batch and
actually liked it better)
2 sandwich Ziploc Bags
1 gal. size Ziploc Bag
2 c. ice
1 tbsp coarse salt

Put one small ziploc bag inside the other. Add milk, half & half, sugar, and vanilla extract to the inside of the bag. Seal both bags securely, removing excess air. Add ice and salt to the large bag, place smaller bag inside and seal firmly. Let the kids shake themselves silly, shaking, tossing, and turning the bag. Ice cream will be soft and ready to eat in 5 to 10 minutes. (We actually had to do it for 10-15 minutes though and I ended up doing a lot of the shaking)

Ava Shakin'!


The Yummy Result!

One satisfied Chef! :)

6 comments:

Marie said...

How fun! I think you should put this one in the ward cookbook! :)

Alecia and Sam said...

That's fun Lyns! Maybe at our next gathering with the Warren side we should all just shake our ice cream instead of making it in Grandma and Grandpa's 1960's ice cream maker :) That homemade ice cream sounds so good right now though!!!

♥ Jennifer said...

Yum! I love homemade icecream. What a cute recipe idea!

Bobbilynn said...

I'm SO going to do this with Miley, maybe when she's a little older?

Cravings said...

sweet!!! I've been craving home made ice cream! But was it good? It looks yummy!!!!

Lyns said...

It was good! It tasted just like regular homemade ice cream!