Friday, April 17, 2009
3 Weeks from Monday . . . . .
So, three weeks from Monday, on May 11, we are going to meet our baby boy. I am so excited I can't even stand it. I want to hold him and kiss him and see what he looks like. I'm not excited about the lack of sleep and craziness that ensues when a newborn arrives, but we'll survive, just like everbody does. :) Ava is excited about the baby. Surprisingly, I think she really understands what's going on. She's always touching my belly and saying, "Hi Baby Kai!" or "When are you coming to play?" It's so cute. She's obsessed with everything about the baby. She helps me with everything. Folding and washing the baby's clothes, making sure his room is just so, and letting me know everything that is his. I am stressed about bringing a brand new baby into Ava's life when it's just been the three of us for 3 years! It's probably irrational, but what's stressing me out is that 1) Ava's life is going to change and it won't just be us as little buddies anymore and 2) Kai will never have the one on one time with us that Ava had. It's silly to stress about those things because it's just how it is. People have 2 children all of the time. There are four kids in my family and I would have been mad at my parents if they would have stopped with just me! My siblings are the best thing in the world. I just feel like I need to spend as much quality time with Ava as possible in the next three weeks because it won't ever be like this again! What I need to remember is that it will be better. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I am so glad you posted the crib. It is SO SO darling! I can't wait for baby Kai to arrive either. It is going to be so fun having another baby in the family. I know you are stressing right now but you are so prepared for this baby to come and Ava will love him. Siblings are the greatest and Kai will feel just as loved as Ava has for the past three years. She is going to be your number one helper! I am so proud of the amazing mother that you are and can't wait for Kai to experience life in the Cuff family! Love ya!!
Super cute, I want to see the rest of the room! Trust me it will be okay, I had all of those exact feelings!!
totally normal to feel that way, and it all does work out. Love the browns in the bedroom!
Love love LOVE the crib. And I'm so super excited to meet Kai too!! He'll be so darling!
Lyns, you are such a good mother and your baby boy is very lucky to be coming to your family!! Hey I went private and I dont think that I added you. E-mail me at avalonpark@hotmail.com and I will add you. Enjoy the next 3 weeks and get lots of sleep!!!
I love the picture. I also agree with the wanting to have as much buddy time with Ava before the baby comes. I loved spending time with Caden, and I still love spending time alone with him while Brinley is asleep. :) It's fantastic. You will love your new baby, but you will still get your time alone with Ava and your little one. I'm so excited for you!
I totally agree. I think about having another one and I just love life as it is...just the 3 of us. I told that to Dave just the other day I said "I think I would be happy just with you and Dex." But your right I wouldn't be. Oh I'm so excited for you!!! And just because your having a baby you think you won't be ready in August to run the 1/2? I could have ran a full right after Dex...oh wait I couldn't even run at a 4 on the treadmill 6 weeks later. Ha! Ha! Well I'll probably be out 2010 we will probably be having another one, maybe we'll see but you can count me in on 2011!!! We should do it together, SERIOUSLY!!! Good luck with your newest member!!!!
I love the crib...did you buy or make the bedding, bumper, etc?? I feel like I'm unprepared for baby #2. I don't know what I need and it is stressing me out :) I have those feelings about bringing another kid into the family. Ryan definitely has no idea what's going on and his little world is going to come crashing down, darn it. Anyway, I can't believe you only have three weeks. It's coming so quick!! I'm excited for you.
Post a Comment