CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

So Happy Together . . . . . . .


Well, we are officially a family of four and personally, I am LOVING every second. I swear. How can that be you ask? I have a newborn, a 3 year old, AND I am recovering from major surgery. I'm sure a big part has to do with my mom living with us since I came home from the hospital. She is the absolute BEST mom and grandma in the whole world. She cleans, she cooks, she changes diapers, and she calms temper tantrums. She is LITERALLY a miracle worker. She even gets up in the middle of the night when Kai wakes up, changes his diaper, and brings him into me to feed him. That's right. My mom rocks.

Another big part of my state of happiness is that my 1 week old baby is an angel. He really is. This kid is a champion nurser, wakes up 1-2 times in the night, and is the most content baby ever. For some reason I've always maintained that Ava was a pretty good baby. Never a good sleeper, but a pretty good baby. Well, now that I've seen the other side, I can now say that Kai actually IS a good baby. I know it's only been a week and I am always waiting for the honeymoon to be over, but if he keeps going like this, I am going to be in a great mood for a long time.

I didn't realize how anxious I was about having Kai until I actually gave birth. I was tense and nervous for 2 weeks before the big day. I was on edge the whole time. The morning of the c-section I thought I was going to have a panic attack. It was all so surreal as they took me in a wheelchair into the operating room. I didn't feel like I could breathe. It is really weird being awake and knowing they were going to cut into me. As SOON as I heard Kai cry, a wave of relief and relaxation washed over me. Besides the actual recovery, I have had that same feeling ever since he was born. I knew he was there, healthy, and BIG! I may or may not have actually said a swear word when I heard, "9 lbs 8 oz". :)

Ava has been a WONDERFUL big sister. She loves to give him his binky, kiss him, and give him hugs. She always lets me know if he needs something. This morning she said, "Mom, I want to put stickers on Baby Kai." I told her she could put one on his jammies and she said, "No, I want to put them on his face." Hmmmmm. Note to self: Never leave those two alone in a room. Randy and I are really enjoying our kids. We are so blessed and grateful. We've had Kai for only a week and I cannot imagine going back to just three! I guess there is a time and season for everything in life.

Any one of the following pictures can describe Kai most of the time.





Kai's first bath. If you really want to hear this kid scream, you need to be here when we're changing his diaper or giving him a bath. Other than that, you're out of luck.

This is my new double stroller. I have only taken it on a very short walk around the block but I LOVE LOVE it! It is exactly what I wanted. As soon as I can actually walk further than a block, I will be putting some miles on this thing!


It was SO warm today. Welcome back Summer! Ava got to play outside with her Uncle Robert and had a blast. The water was freezing cold, but she couldn't have cared less. Another bonus to a May baby? We get to be outside instead of cooped up in the house and with a crazy 3 year old that is a big deal!


12 comments:

lmackay32 said...

What a sweet little family! I am glad to hear you are all doing so well. His pictures made me so baby hungry, I might have to come hold him when you are feeling up to having visitors.

Annie Nielson said...

Kai is so darn cute--it made me excited to have our little guy arrive. Hopefully we'll get as lucky as you did and have a really good baby :) I'm glad things are going well and you are recovering. Walking a block is a major accomplishment--it makes me hurt just thinking about it. Congrats again!

Sarah said...

9-8! Ouch! I feel your pain. Dale was 9 lbs 7 oz. Now a fun last couple of weeks carrying that bruiser around.
Kai's adorable!
Man. I want a baby now.

Ford Fam said...

He is so cute! I am glad he is a good baby too. I hope he stays that way!

Nic & Trudi said...

I am so glad to hear you guys are doing so good. And I am a little jealous he's a good baby. Having a not good baby is rough. LOL. I know i've said it before, but I can't wait to meet him!!!

Kaydee said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks. I know that sounds dumb, but you know how most newborns kind of look the same? Well, he doesn't, it's like he skipped that wrinkly old man stage and just popped right into the cute new baby stage. Maybe that's because he weighed as much as a 1 month old at birth! You really were ALL baby! I am glad things are going well. I can't wait to see him.
P.S.- where is the "double" compartment on your stroller? It looks awesome!

♥ Jennifer said...

I can't believe it was already a whole week ago! Why does it always go by so fast? Your mom sounds like a breath of fresh air for you. I'm so glad you've got an extra helping hand.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. He is so darling. There is nothing like a brand new baby. I thought my 8 lb babies were big. In that situation thank goodness for C-sections! Ava is so cute and I'm sure she is the best little mommy to him too. Let me know when you feel up to visitors I would love to come see him and Ava (and their mommy too!!)Your kids are soooooooo cute. I just love seeing your cute pics.

islandgirl said...

I can't believe you're a family of 4 already, wow, things change! So, now you'll have to change that picture at the top of your blog that says, "Does it get any better than this?" Because apparently, it does! Will be bringing dinner to you tomorrow!

Alecia and Sam said...

I LOVE your family! Seriously mom totally rocks. She even found me a wedding planner in the midst of helping you. Super mom is all I can say! I can't wait to see you, Ava, and hold baby Kai. Of course, I am excited to see Randy too. Let him know that. A week and a half and I will be up there for good! I am so glad baby kai is so good and that you are recovering well. Knowing how many stickers Ava put on my arms in the hospital. DO NOT leave her alone with Kai!:) Love ya my sista!!

tara said...

so beautiful! congrats lyns!! what a perfect little family you all make. I am so thrilled for you!

Cami said...

I am so glad he is a good baby! Please bless mine will be good. I am like the worst friend ever, we need to come see that baby.
Love the stroller and so jealous you got the red one. I wanted red so bad but my sisters talked me out of it:(