CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Gingerbread Masterpieces . . . .

I know that most people have Gingerbread houses. Well, we have Gingerbread masterpieces. After the amount of fun that we had putting these houses together, my Mom has officially decided it's a yearly tradition for the grandkids (and the rest of us too). It was so fun to laugh and watch everyone in action. Some of us were a little intense when it came to exactly how it should look. Ava was so proud of the Gingerbread house that we did with Grandma Annie that when she heard she was doing one at preschool she was so excited! I helped in the class that day and Ava took the decorating very serious. She sat at her table for a good twenty minutes after everybody else was done in order to make it perfect. In her eyes, perfect meant making sure that every last piece of candy was attached to that house with icing. I seriously started sneaking pieces of candy in order to hurry her along, but she was very proud of the end result.

Ava's beautiful preschool house:

And the Gingerbread Party that I'm sure has inspired years of Gingerbread Parties to come:






No comments: