Ava had her first dance performance right before Halloween and it was SOOOO cute! She was dressed up as a little black widow with a red belly and all! I thought she might just stand there and stare if she got up on stage at all, but I was, luckily, wrong. She got up on that stage and smiled and danced. She did a lot of hip swaying and it was the cutest thing ever. She had both grandma's and grandpa's there, some aunts and uncles, and even her daddy. :) Here are a few pictures. I'm sure this is just the first of quite a few recitals to come.
Ava and Grandma Cuff When I tell her to pose, this is what she does. I don't really know why.
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 beautiful, crazy children and wife to a hottie of a husband. Wife and Mom are my top duties! I love food, family, travel, and I'm trying my hardest to love running.
We saw a newborn baby panda on the tv and Kai said, "Mom, can we PLEASE get a baby panda instead of a dog?" I told him that Panda's have to live either at the zoo or in the wild and he said, "I know! Let's move to the wild!"
8/12 Kai yelled to me, "Mom! Boston just pointed at the window and said 'curtain'!" Wow - what a 2 month old. :)
6/12 Ava and Kai call Boston a "born baby" in place of newborn baby.
3/12 Kai recently decided that he was having a baby too and his name was Yogurt. Also - my kids got stick horses from Grandpa and Kai named his Poban. Ava said the name "just came to both of them! It was perfect!"
7/11 Ava and Kai were pretending to be babies while I was organizing pictures on the computer. Apparently not getting enough attention from me, she said in frustration, "I can't believe you're playing on the computer when we were JUST born!" Bad mom indeed.
4/11 Ava's favorite new thing to say is, "Don't give me that Attitude, I've got my own!" I laughed really hard the first time she said it and then sat her down and explained that she really shouldn't say that to anybody else. Especially teachers or something. That girl kills me.
12/10 "Mom, those look fabulous! Fabulous means beautiful in Spanish."
12/10 "Mom! That's the easier way!" When referring to whatever it is that is "her" way at the moment.
6/10 Ava told me that she wanted us to pretend we were in the "Book of Normans", but she got to be the Hairy Godmother. Alrighty then.
6/10 Ava said to me, "Hey Mom? Why does Grandma Annie have toys at her house? There are no kids there. Kai was wondering."
6/10 At 3:30 in the morning I heard Ava yell to me. I stumbled out of bed, half asleep, went in her room and asked her what she needed. I heard her little voice say to me, "Hey Mom! Whatcha doing?"
6/10 I've figured out that the best way to get Ava in bed at night is to go in my room across the hall from her until she's asleep. She'll say little comments to me like, "Mommy! I hope you sleep good!" Or, "Mommy, I love you so much!" Or, "Mommy! Are you going to bed? Are you tired?" After a few minutes of this, she decides she's sleepy and will say to me matter of factly, "I'm tired now Mom. I'm going to go to bed like a big girl!" Well, the other night she said, "Mommy! I hope I see you in the morning!" Um, ya, me too. Then she said to me, "You know Mom, at night it's kindof like we all go bye-bye and then come back in the morning." Funny girl.
4/10 I said to Ava, "Is your name 'the cutest girl in the whole world'?" She replies with, "No, my name is Ava, but I am a very cute girl."
4/10 - 3:30 AM. I hear Ava yelling "Mom! Come Here!" I go in and she says, "I have a secret." I lean down and she says, "I love you." Then she says, "Now lay by me for a few minutes."
2/10 We were driving down the street and saw a girl walking. Ava said, "Mom is that a lady? You're not a lady because you have kids. I bet she doesn't have kids so she is a lady."
2/10 Ava's new favorite thing to say is "In the stead." As in, "Mom, in the stead of watching Dora, I want to watch Wonder Pets." Or, "In the stead of doing puzzles, I want to play with Barbies."
11/09 Just recently Ava has started calling me Little Fox. As in, "Hello Little Fox!" or "What are you doing Little Fox?" I have no idea why!
6/11/09 During a hailstorm she said, "Mom, it's not snowing, but it's not raining." Then she said, "It's raining snowballs!"
6/10/09 We were watching Bambi and Ava said, "Look Mommy, now he has sticks!" I was confused until I realized she was talking about his antlers!
5/28/09 Ava had an "accident" and I was SOOOO mad! She said to me, "Mom, can I say sorry and give you a hug and a kiss?" She did and then a few minutes later she said, "Mom, be nice, not mad." Then a bit after that she said, "Are you happy or sad?" She's always testing the waters to see exactly where she stands.
4/17/09 This morning Ava told me, "You're really getting to be a big girl mommy!" Ummm . . . . thanks?
I told Ava if she went to bed REALLY good we could go see the fishies tomorrow. She said, "Mom, is the fee twenty dollars?" I don't even know how she knows the word "fee."
She walked up to me, tapped on my belly, and said, "Come out baby Kai! I want to play with you!"
She said, "You're a big girl Mommy and Ava's a big girl too! Daddy is a big boy just like Kalel!" (Kalel is her baby doll that she named after our cute little neighbor boy)
I was singing a funny song to Ava and she said to me, "Relax Mom!"
To me - "What's Crackin' Cracker Jack! That's what daddy says!"
I told Ava to quit being whiny and she said, "I not whiny Mom, I just very sad."
2 comments:
Love it! I am so super jealous. I can not WAIT until Brynnley has dance recitals. Ava look so cute, her hair is adorable by the way!
Way cute... I am sure there will be a lot of dance reviews to come... Remember to enjoy them!
Post a Comment