CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas . . . .

We had such a fabulous Christmas this year. When little ones are around, it makes the Season so magical! Ava was so excited to have Santa come to our house on Christmas Eve. She was scared to death of him and wanted nothing to do with him when she actually saw him, but she was completely cool with him breaking into her house in the middle of the night. We tried to teach Ava about Baby Jesus as much as possible but I never really thought it sunk in. Then one day she said to me, "Mom, do you know Jesus was married?" I was a little confused. After a minute I said, "Do you mean Jesus and Mary?" "Yes! And they were at a farm." Hence, the manger I'm assuming. Her last comment was, "Mom, Dora was there with Jesus and Mary." Hmmm . . . . At least she seemed to understand something about the reason for the season!

Christmas Morning


Ava showing off the cookies that Santa ate

Opening Presents. The kids were thrilled! And yes, Kai loved the paper more than anything. Ava, on the other hand, has definitely come to realize that it's what's INSIDE the package that counts.



Ava finally got her Princess Camera. It was the only thing she really asked for and she was so happy with it! It says things like, "Smile! You're as Pretty as a Princess!" Sometimes I have her take pictures of me to give me a confidence booster. :)


No, this is not a stroller for Kai. It's a stroller for Ava's dolls. Does anybody have any question at all as to why this is a replacement for Ava's broken doll stroller? Randy? Can you help me out with that?

The darling jacket Ava got from Grandma Annie and Papa.

Christmas Day Kai started pulling himself up on all of the presents. He is now officially crawling everywhere and I can't keep track of him!

We even got to see Grandma and Grandpa Cuff! Ava got an awesome Kid's Encyclopedia that we have spent a lot of time looking through. She also got a Princess pillowcase and of course, a matching pillow for Carson. Grandma Cuff really knows what she's doing!



A couple of days after Christmas my dad got the snowmobiles out. I was in the house and Ava ran in and yelled to me, "Mom! Papa's getting the sleds out!" It was hilarious. She had SOOOOO much fun on the snowmobiles. I went outside to check on them and couldn't resist getting on one myself. I had soaking wet hair and by the time I went inside, my hair was practically icicles!

5 comments:

Adhis said...

Does your dad know you post these photos online? 'Cause that's a great crotch shot of your dad.

Lyns said...

What's funny Adhis is that 2 seconds before I took this photo he had a can of pop sitting there. Therefore, I HAD to post the photo. :)

Lyns said...

Upon further thinking, I took the picture down out of respect for the man who gave me life. Hee Hee. If you missed it, too bad for you.

Adhis said...

You are precious. My wicked little devil would have left it up and printed an enlarged copy as a birthday gift. And maybe, if I felt up to it, distribute a few fliers.

Alecia and Sam said...

I missed the photo!! We did have so much fun on Christmas. I laughed so hard at Ava saying, "Mom they have the sleds out." Of course she said sleds!!:) What I really love is how beautiful I look in the first photo. I should not wear make up or brush my hair because I can definitely pull it off!!:)