Yep - fun morning for us. Bottom line - she got a good talking to and cried and cried. We told her over and over that somebody could steal her and she would never see Mommy and Daddy again and Kai would be so sad without his big sister. We definitely used the scare tactic because what else do you do in a situation like this? She understands fear and not wanting to be away from her family. I understand the same thing and that's why as the day went on yesterday, the situation became scarier and scarier to me. On a spiritual note, I wasn't actually planning on running up that road. I was planning to turn earlier and make the run a bit shorter, but when I hit that point I decided to go a little further, which took me up that exact road. I think it was a bit of my own personal revelation and I'm so grateful that she was safe. It's devastating to think of the "what if's." Apparently, when I was Ava's exact age I took a stroll home from a dance class all by myself and my mom found me at the front door. Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I hope Ava understands the seriousness of the situation and has a bit of fear instilled in her about this.
Since she probably doesn't, I'm headed to Home Depot to buy a lock that she can't open. Better safe than sorry. :)


9 comments:
I can't believe you yelled at and made cry that adorable little face with the pigtails! Mean, MEAN Mommy!!!
;)
Remember when God said he was sending us to earth to become more like Him? Yeah- hard to believe that training for godhood would involve fun little events like these, huh?
Holy cow, I am so glad you found her! So scary!
Wow, what a story!! There's nothing worse than not being able to find one of your kids. I'll bet Randy was on the verge of a nervous breakdown! I'm so glad that this story has a happy ending:)
Oh my gosh, Lynsey! That's so scary. But so cute at the same time that she came looking for you. But definitely not a good idea on her part. Glad you got her home safe and sound.
Oh my! How scary! I'm glad she's safe. I would have used the scare tactic (being without family) with Avery too- that they understand.
What a nightmare. I'm so glad everything turned out well and she hopefully learned a lesson... with a new lock to guarantee it :) Sorry you guys had to go through that.
That picture could not make her look anymore innocent.Seriously, those pig tails?? Yeah she is killing me! She has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love you guys!
Oh my! That is SO scary!! I can't imagine! Glad you changed your running course and found her!
AHHH! Why is my heart beating fast, and my stomach in knots, even though I know this is already over and she is okay?!? Poor Randy, freaking out. Oh my goodness - what a blessing that the lady was a nice lady. Wow. That's so scary.
Ava is so cute. I'm glad she recognized Lyla in the picture as "Kai's little friend" that was at her house. :) Too precious.
Post a Comment