
So, I have been potty training Ava for about 9 1/2 years. Wait, that's not right, but it has been a long time. She has COMPLETELY understood it and gotten the concept forever, she just didn't care AT ALL! No punishments were bad enough and no rewards were good enough. It was getting beyond frustrating, but I was bound and determined to have her completely potty trained by May. Well, I am here to tell all of those moms out there that think it can't be done . . . that it CAN! It's like a light switch turned on in Ava's head and she ran with it. (Or - she was finally like, "Fine, if you want me to do this SOOO bad, I will. Chill out mom.") Anyway, as of last Wednesday night, over a week ago, Ava has had a total of 3 accidents. That's it! Not only is she completely out of pullups, she isn't even wearing them at night. Now, don't worry, I don't think I'm completely out of the woods yet, but, I can now see a light at the end of the tunnel. Because she completely filled up her potty chart with stickers, she got a special mommy-daughter date to the aquarium last Monday. Go Ava!





13 comments:
So, the reward for staying dry is being surrounded by water with no diaper in sight?
Very brave of you, Miss Lyns. ;)
Oh, what's with not answering your phone???
Isn't it funny how that happens? Maybe kids have a survival switch built in. Once we get absolutely fed up with having our house covered in pee, *click* the switch goes off and they are now potty trained!
Why is it so hard??? I think potty training is going to be the death of me! Carson is doing better, I just want to be done! Let us know next time you go to the aquarium!
way to go, Ava! That is great.
GO AVA!!! Are you pinching Ava in the picture of you and her? She looks a little uncomfortable :) The aquarium looks fun and I am so glad for your sanity that she is going in the toilet!! Tell her Aunt Alecia is very very proud!! Actually tell her Sam, I think that will mean more:
Yeah, you will get a little break from diapers before the new baby arrives. My goal was to never have two kids in diapers! Too much poop!
You're braver than I am! I haven't even started yet, we should!
COngratulations! I bet that's a good feeling! How old is she?
Good reward! That's way better than a piece of candy or something. Ava was just holding out for the big rewards! She's got you figured out. ;)
Congrats to you both! I don't even want to start trying. I know that boys take longer so I will be buying two sizes of diapers for awhile. YOu are one lucky momma.
Good Job Ava!! It is so nice when they are finally potty trained, and you can pass up the diaper aisle at the grocery store!!
Hooray! Congrats to you and Ava both! Give her big kisses from us.
.....do you want to potty train another one?...maybe one of ours?...
Yahoo! That is fantastic! I'm so excited for you.
Post a Comment