CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Snowman-biling"


According to Ava, that's what we all did this weekend. :) My dad was great enough to take all of us up to the cabin for a day of snowmobiling. It was such a circus to get 9 people outfitted and ready to go snowmobiling, especially considering we actually have to snowmobile a couple miles into the cabin after driving for over an hour to get there, plus pack up all of the food and clothing. I know every time we do this my parents are thinking, "Really? Is this worth it?" I'll tell you what. It is SOOOOOO worth it! We had a blast and didn't want to leave when the day was over! With 4 snowmobiles there are enough to keep everybody sledding happily throughout the day. :) Everybody had a great time. I even had fun and I was only allowed the ride in and out to the cabin! LOL. (Honestly, I didn't think it would make a difference being pregnant, but after the bumpy ride in, I was content to hang out at the cabin - and eat. :) The day was so much fun, even after we lost Oodie (the family dog), and hit a deer on the way home. Yep - my dad hit a massive deer with his truck. We were right behind it and the dumb animal ran right in front of the huge black truck pulling the trailer. They hit him dead center. The deer HAD to have been suicidal to plan it that perfectly. Kindof scary, but besides the truck, and of course the poor deer, no harm was done. Anyway, here are some fun pictures of the day. Thanks mom and dad! You guys are the BEST!






Jessica and Robert. (I promise that's Robert, even though it looks like there's nobody inside all of the layers)

Me and Randy

Sam and Alecia

Ava with Grandma Annie and Papa!


By the way - we did find Oodie! Thank goodness!

9 comments:

LTC said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! Driving through canyons with deer always reminds me of driving back to good ole C-10! Oh and check out http://serv.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html
that is the only company that I can find that will do blogger books.

islandgirl said...

Looks like fun, now that's something I'd get into the snow for!

Kat said...

It looks like you all had a blast! :) It was so good to see you at church today. You looked so cute!

Sarah said...

Ok, now I'm seriously going to adopt myself into your family.

jill said...

I love snowmobiling, I mean Snowman-biling. That looks like so much fun!! What a great day, Ava looked like she was having a blast!!

Alecia and Sam said...

We sure did have a great time! Even though it is so hectic getting everything into the cabin, it always turns into a great time :)The only bad thing about the cabin is I feel like because I am in the mountains I can eat whatever I want... stupid red vines!!

Cami said...

Looks like so much fun! However, looks really cold too!

Ford Fam said...

Looks like a lot of fun, I haven't been in a while. Looks really cold though!

Jeff and Kathryn said...

Okay...that brought back a lot of cabin memories for me! Does "Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls" and sleigh riding off of a cliff with your cousins trying to catch us at the bottom ring a bell? We need to do that all together someday!
Love, Kith