CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

I feel good . . . . . .

I do. And it's actually quite ironic that I'm saying this because I really DON'T feel good. I have this weird lingering migraine headache that I just can't kick. My diet is so far off of track that I can't even see it anymore. My husband and both of my kids are battling yucky colds that are causing all of us to lose a great deal of sleep at night and I haven't accomplished much of anything I wanted to accomplish in the last week. But I feel good. My kids are beautiful and happy, even if they have snotty noses. Sometimes it takes a day like today to really appreciate things. There is so much going on with my close family and friends that I would feel completely ungrateful complaining about any of my small problems. Ava was up coughing at the crack of dawn and we ended up on the couch watching cartoons and "cuddling in our cuddle clothes" as she puts it. Kai has had watery eyes and a runny nose all afternoon and you can tell he just doesn't feel right, yet he smiles through it all. He just wants his mama to hold him and earlier today while I was doing just that, with my baby girl being my "cuddle bug" on the other side, I truly TRULY felt good. I have to admit I felt a bit sheepish when Randy surprised us by coming home early and we were all still in our jammies, but I got over that pretty quick when he joined us in his "comfy clothes" and we all hung out the rest of the day. Ava and I went and picked out the most random cartoon from the redbox and watched it while Randy watched the BYU game. Halfway through the movie, Randy showed up with popcorn for our movie night and Ava could not have been more thrilled. Yep - I feel good.


Love them:

I had to take this picture because Ava was SOOOO thrilled that her, Kai, and her little baby all had on long, blue jammies. She gets excited about the weirdest things.

3 comments:

Jessica Carol said...

I seriously had the biggest smile the whole time I was reading this. That seriously sounds like the perfect day. I love you guys!!

Alecia and Sam said...

Fun, Fun! Even though the kiddos were sick it sounds like you guys can still have a great time. I wish I could join you all for some comfy clothes time!!:)

Micah said...

Lynsey, you have such a beautiful family! I am sorry everyone is feeling sickly, and here's to hoping you don't catch it, too! Your attitude is wonderful, so no doubt better health is right around the corner! And I love your new header!