CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

St. George and Some Pics of Our Life . . . . .

We went to St. George a few weeks ago for a softball tournament. We only stayed one night, but we packed the fun in! We went swimming and the kids LOVED it! Ava only almost-drowned once, so I consider it a success. This is the first time Kai had really been swimming and as long as he was in the warm water, he was a happy camper. After a little while, he wanted to crawl all over the place and his bare knees and the hard floor just weren't a good combination so he ended up throwing a small fit. Ever since then, he has gone from small fits to more dramatic ones and I have to admit, it is pretty funny to watch. Ava found a friend at the softball games and could not have been happier. The fact that she didn't get bored really made my day and the fact that Randy's team won the whole tournament really made his day. All in all, it was a successful, short trip.







One day when Kai woke up from his nap, I told Ava to go entertain him until I could get up there. This is what I found when I went up:

Ava is a girl of extremes. She LOVES her little brother and is such a good big sister, but she can also get really, what's the right word, agitated? when Kai isn't playing her games by the rules or ruining something of hers. Times like this make me really happy. Ava was reading to Kai and they were both loving it.

Some days I can only handle so much pretend. Ava could play pretend from morning until night. She has two of a lot of her favorite princesses or characters and she always says to me, "Mom, let's be Belle's" or "Let's be Minnies". It cracks me up. Anyway, on days when we need a distraction, I let her frost something. Anything really. It keeps her entertained and gives me a short break from "being somebody."

Dude Man. I really don't think I need to explain this picture.

I took the kids to Target a while ago and Ava INSISTED on getting this cart. To be honest, Kai is not big enough for it, but I strapped him in anyway because Ava can be very persuasive. Well, Kai thought it was the funniest thing in the world and Ava was so happy that they were both in there. I actually got a lot of looks from people in Target. They may well have been thinking, "That kid is far too young to be in that cart. I just pray it doesn't end up in a trip to the ER." I choose to believe though that they were thinking, "Wow. Those kids are so darn cute and happy. She must be Mother of the Year."

And here is the last, sad picture. Our entire family was so sick for a couple of weeks and it was miserable. I thought this picture showed exactly how we all felt. Poor kid. :(

3 comments:

Micah said...

I would like to submit a vote for mother of the year! You win!

I hope the sickness wasn't brought on by green pancakes! Looks like the other few weeks were lots of fun. What beautiful, happy kids you have!

Anonymous said...

You have the absolute cutest kids in the entire world. They are dolls. It was so fun to see you guys for Grandma's birthday. Next time you come up, we should get together again. I know we didn't get together a whole lot before you left, but it seems like its even worse just because you're so far away. Weird!

Kaydee said...

I love Ava sleeping in the crib! So stinkin' cute. I'm glad you're feeling better, and I'm a wee bit happy to hear that Kai is actually capable of throwing a fit. All of that happiness and pleasant demeanor stuff is kind of freaky;).