When Randy's parents were down a few weekends ago, we decided to go to the playground and hike up the mountain that's nearby. Let's be honest though. I use the term "mountain" loosely. C'mon. I'm from Utah. Have you seen those Rockies? So, we hiked the "mountain" and it was a blast. Ava LOVED it. She has so much energy and we were all on edge waiting for her to fall flat on her face since she was going so fast on the way down, but thankfully, that didn't happen. Kai had the cushiest seat of all on Daddy's back. When we put the backpack on Randy, I could see the terror in his eyes as he had flashbacks of a certain hike in Hawaii when Ava was 7 months old. It was long. Much longer than we anticipated and I'm still very happy that Randy made it home in one piece. The memory is still so fresh. Here is the documentation from that fateful day over 3 years ago. I just had to go and find it. :)
Ready for the hike.

And after the hike. Sad thing is, this was Randy's happy face.

Ava and the kids halfway up the mountain.

My new favorite picture.





At the top with the strip in the background.


Kai and Grandpa. I don't know how we got away without a picture of Grandma!

Me and my honey.

Ava's favorite thing to do. Play on the playground.

7 comments:
That is a very nice "new favorite pic"!
I just love how kai is always smiling so cute!
That is a cute picture! You have such cute kiddos!!!
I'm so glad you posted the pics from the Hawaii hike. It made me realize how hard the hike really was. Randy didn't look to thrilled after the hike :) I hope he can laugh about it three years later though, haha.
I love your new favorite pic. I was thinking how cool to get both kids looking at the camera and smiling but Kai never stops smiling, haha.
I hope things are going well in Las Vegas!
Those Hawaii pictures made me burst out loud laughing. If a picture is worth a thousand words I am sure Randy would a few naughty words to say about the 'after' picture. Priceless!
Oh my gosh I am laughing out loud right now!! Those pictures from Hawaii crack me up!! We seriously had the hike of our lives and on top of it Randy had to carry baby Ava. Good memories!! I love the new pictures of Randy with Mr. Kai and Ms. Ava. That mountain looks a lot easier than the one in Hawaii!!:)
I love the after the hike pic. :)
Post a Comment