CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Happenings . . . . . . .

We had a fabulous Easter this year. My dad always jokes with me that my children will be able to look back on every single second of their life because I take so many pictures. He's right. It's a sickness. It can't be cured. So here are all of the pictures. :) We went to an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning and it was the best hunt ever. An entire football field was covered with eggs and they were organized according to age. The kids seriously got over 100 eggs between the 2 of them. After that, we made Easter Cookies from a kit that Grandma Cuff gave us. We had so much fun and they turned out so cute. Ava eventually turned the dough into playdough and I let her have at it. We then colored eggs and somehow we talked Ava out of doing every single egg pink. If you all don't know, "She likes pink." On Sunday, we checked out what the Easter Bunny brought and Ava had a blast looking for the hidden eggs. I've never seen a kid so happy. The rest of the day was spent eating and watching a wonderful conference. We even talked to Ava about the resurrection and what it means. What we eventually got across to her is that Jesus came back to life. How do you explain that concept to a 3 year old? It was weird to celebrate Easter without any family, but we managed to make our own fun and it was an Easter to remember.

The Egg Hunt - I gotta tell you, the church that put this on looked like a lot of fun!








Making Cookies . . . . .





Our personal Cookie Tester . . . . .

Opening a fun package from Grandma Annie and Papa. It is so fun to get stuff in the mail!



Dying Eggs . . . . .






Easter Morning . . . . . (Ava only got one Doll from the Easter Bunny. These pictures make it look like he was ridiculously generous.)











One of my fave pics from the weekend. I always knew Randy loved Princesses . .

I made deviled eggs even though I figured I would be the only one eating them.

I was wrong! She's my girl!

4 comments:

The Watson's said...

Looks like you are adjusting to LV very well. Ava is just such a big sister. Tylee misses her when I show her your blog. I am glad you guys had a fabulous Easter.

I am still jealous of you going to Jamaica.

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

What an awesome Easter egg hunt! I totally understand taking pictures of EVERYTHING... I do the same thing. Luckily my whole family does, the guys call us the painterazzi. I don't know how you could NOT take pictures of your kids... they're so dang cute and you are always doing something fun together :)

Micah said...

Everyone else will regret not taking as many pictures! Your kids are so adorable...you can get away with it! You can use that princess picture with Randy for future blackmailing purposes!

Alecia and Sam said...

I think I want babies now!! Looking at your life and your adorable little family makes me want to start one of my own!! Your Easter looks like it was a lot of fun!! I love that Ava ate your deviled eggs... she is your girl!!:) Randy didn't try any?? Weird!!:)