CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Domestic Diva

I'm talking about me. You don't believe me? Oh, I have pictures to prove it. I decided I wanted to be Betty Homemaker this year so my mom and I decided to take an entire day and make raspberry-peach jam and freeze fresh corn from the cob. If any of you have done this, you're probably laughing at the fact that we did it all in one day. I won't say that there wasn't a point where we considered throwing away 6 Dozen cobs of corn because of feeling so overwhelmed, but we did finish and I have a freezer full to prove it!

Me and my wonderful-oh-so-helpful-and-willing mother. Can I just point out that my mom got that apron when she worked at Pioneer Drive Inn as a teenager? It is the best apron ever and I always complained to her that I couldn't find anything like it that was so convenient. SOOO, last week she showed up at my door with an identical replica that she made herself! How cool is that? I love it, even if Randy calls it "sexy" in a VERY sarcastic tone. :)



28 Pints of Delicious Raspberry-Peach jam:

The beginning of husking 10 Dozen ears of corn:

Ava's job was to take the husked corn and put it on the pan. It didn't last long, but she was SOOOOO proud! Thanks to Randy and Robert for all of their help. They are so going appreciate it when they can have fresh corn in December!

The point where we wanted to quit - and this is only half of the corn!

45 pints of fresh corn. What an accomplishment for me!


By the way - I wouldn't have made it as a pioneer, or even as my grandma years ago! :)

7 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so impressed! Really, I am!

I love doing stuff like this because it too makes me feel very domestic. By the way, that jam sounds delicious!!!

Lori said...

I want an apron like that!

Lori said...

So am I leaving 3 comments? Yes!

I just forgot to mention how excited Randy looks husking corn! LOL!!!

Bobbilynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbilynn said...

WOW! I want to try the raspeberry peach jam! That sounds interesting. you ARE a domestic diva!

Alecia and Sam said...

Tell Randy to look a little more excited about husking corn... he totally gave away the fact that he is miserable.. haha! You and mom are amazing, I am so excited to get some of that jam.. yum! I am also excited about your apron.. It is definitely sexy so I would use that for all lingerie from this point on... throw on some heels to spice it up though!

Ford Fam said...

Okay I am super jelaous, in my mind I wanted to do all that. But did I, of course not! The jam and corn look delicious! I love the apron by the way!