CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Hubby & My Baby . . . . . . . .

So, it's been a rough week at our house. Like an old lady, I totally threw my back out on labor day. I was sky diving. No wait, I was cliff jumping. No wait, I was snowboarding in the backcountry. No wait, I picked up my 2 year old daughter at a slightly bent position. Ya, that's it. :) Anywho, my point of this post is to give a HUGE shoutout to my family. My wonderful husband has practically been my nurse the whole week. He has taken it upon himself to feed us, keep the house picked up, and take care of me. I've started calling him the "ice" nazi because he is a stickler when it comes to when and how long I should ice my back. He has been my savior and I love him so much. I also wanted to give a shoutout to my baby girl. (Well, she's 2, but she's still my baby). I haven't been able to pick her up or play with her at all this week and she has been such a trooper! We have read SOOOOO many books and she has picked up quite a few things off of the floor since I can't bend down. :) She has been absolutely wonderful and I love her so much. I think I'm really on the mend now and this ordeal has just made me realize how grateful I am to have my husband and my daughter. Randy is probably wondering what he's gotten himself into if I've already thrown my back out at 26 years old!!!! :)

7 comments:

Adhis said...

Oh, my goodness! I feel for you. I've threw my back out when I was 25. It sucked. Currently, my back has been hurting for almost 2 months and I can barely get my baby out of her crib. I thought I had it bad, but now I see I'm just a whiny poo.

If you ever need anything, I mean EVER and ANYTHING, I'd be happy to ask the Applegates to do it for you. ;)

Lyns said...

Oh Adhis, you crack me up. :)

Lori said...

Lyns! What the heck?
I am so sad reading this post wishing I would have known about your "little" injury. I'm Soooooo sorry. I would have come to get Ava for a little while. I'll call you and see what else our family can do. You better call me next time your down and out!!!!

I'm sure your husband told my husband, but you can see how well he communicates with me:)

Hang in there!

*Good job at takin care of Lyns, Rand!

♥ Jennifer said...

I'm glad your family is doing their share. I'm sure it makes the whole situation a lot easier for ya. Hope you recover soon! But I'd enjoy those chiropractor visits as long as I could haha. ;)

The Watson's said...

Get feeling better!

Kat said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're hurt. Let me know if there is anything I can do. :) I know you're probably on the mend now, but seriously, I hear that chocolate fudge brownies make you feel tons better. Even after a couple of days. LOL :)

Thedailydansie said...

I'm sorry your back. That is great that Randy helped out so much. It makes me wonder how Brian would be. ARe you feeling better? Hope so.