CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Golf Tournament

So, every year, I co-chair the annual Rural Health Care Foundation Golf tournament for my dad's company. This year, while everybody was golfing, I got to accomplish all of the tasks that needed to be done with my sister Jessica by my side. In addition to registration, tee prizes, door prizes, and lunch, one of our main duties was to be in charge of the drink cart. That involved Jessica and I packing a cooler full of drinks on to the back of a golf cart, driving around the course, and giving drinks to anybody that needed one. Sounds simple right? Not for us. First of all, we went the wrong way on the cart path. We didn't know how to fix it so we just kept going. Second of all, as we were going up a steep hill I mentioned to Jessica how embarrassing it would be if we were to lose the cooler off the back of the cart, and then we proceeded to do so. There were cans of pop, ice, and bottles of water everywhere! We cleaned it up as quickly as we could considering how hard we were laughing. We then proceeded back to the clubhouse hoping that nobody would stop us for a drink because every can was completely shaken up and covered with dirt. No such luck. We were stopped by a group of golfers and had to explain to them (as we were cleaning their drinks with a towel) why they had to be very careful when opening the drink. Think that's bad enough? Oh, I'm not done. After we had cleaned everything up, tried to get rid of our embarrassment, and headed out to the front nine, I figured we were good to go. Would you believe me if I told you that while I was running drinks to some people, Jessica proceeded to dump over the cooler again? In front of a bunch of my dad's business associates? Well, believe it. It happened. I've never seen Jessica's face redder. We're just lucky it was just the cooler and not the cart. According to the witnesses, it was very close. Jessica's 200 point turn apparently took a turn for the worse. I have to say that I have done this tournament for a few years and never once have we knocked over the drink cart. Twice. It was embarassing, funny, and something we will never forget. Even if we wish we could. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is freakin funny. I think I almost peed a little.

Alecia and Sam said...

oh my dear sweet sister Jessica... I laughed so hard at the 200 point turn... I am totally surprised she just did not tip the whole cart... she definitely is a sweet spirit!