You heard me right. Green River. During Melon Days. That's where we went last weekend for Randy's softball tournament. If you've ever been there, you'll know it's like being in a different world. I swear. I won't get into all of the details and I certainly don't want to offend anybody who happens to have a love for Green River, but what I am going to do is give a little rundown on the motels if anybody happens to be planning a trip there soon. Ramada - nice, but VERY expensive during Melon Days. Melon Days is a big ticket item. Why? I don't know. Motel 6 - We stayed there last year. SKIP IT! SKIP IT! SKIP IT! You might as well sleep in your car. Best Western Inn by the River: Very nice. Clean. Great Pool and Restaurant. Or at least it seemed that way. We did stay at the Budget Inn on Main Street the night before so anything would have seemed wonderful. Details of the Budget Inn on Main - Painted Teal and Purple. Red shag carpet. No plugs in the bathroom. Not my best stay in a hotel, but it was booked that night! Then again, it is Melon Days so everything was booked. Go figure. I don't get it. :) Anyway, my in-laws went with us and Ava had a BLAST. In case you're wondering, they do have some good melon! Here are some pics of, yes, Green River, Utah:
Ava enjoying watching daddy play softball. She LOVES going to softball games. If we go past anything that resembles a softball field, she begs us to stop and "watch daddy play!"




Ava playing with Grandma and Grandpa. She LOVES them so much!


At the parade. It didn't go so well. Apparently Ava isn't a fan of clowns. Hmmmmm. . . . . adult men dressed up in silly costumes blowing horns and driving around on little 4-wheelers? I'm with Ava. VERY scary! She had a death grip around me and Grandma's neck and kept saying, "Go Bye Bye?"

3 comments:
So are you saying Green River is a must visit?
I'm dying over Ava! I swear she gets bigger everytime I see her. I love the picture of her hugging Grandma, very cute!
Okay so #1 I miss you guys so much! Looking at Ava in her little chair makes me want to cry.. and then thinking of clowns makes me want to cry even harder :)I don't blame her! I am glad you guys had fun in Green River oh and I am going to let you in on a little secret... there is an awesome motel in Ephraim I can't remember what it is called but it is by the satisfied ewe..
Looks like fun, love the bows!!
Post a Comment