CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Baby!

5 Years ago YESTERDAY, was our very first date. (I'll have you know there is a bit of a discrepancy about this because HE believes that our date was one week later on the 20th. He says he can prove this because of some basketball game. I, on the other hand, know that our first date was on the 13th because the following morning my friend Ashley and I treated ourselves to massages for Valentines day. Anyway, not the point of the post). The point IS, I am SO SO glad we went on that very first date! We ended up going to a movie (Chasing Liberty anyone?), and I KNEW that Randy had to have been slightly interested because before we ended up with the movie, he had actually agreed to go to a dance. Yes, Randy, my husband, not a dance lover, agreed to go to the dance with us. We didn't end up going, but the fact that he agreed was monumental! Well, I of course thought that Randy was the hottest thing to walk the earth with flip flops and dark shaggy hair. :) And that folks, is where our story began. He went to Texas for the Summer and I went to London. In August I went to visit him in Houston for a few days and as they say, the rest is history. (It's surprising that we were actually able to fall even MORE in love in Houston. Have any of you FELT the humidity?) We were engaged in September just a few days after he got home and married in December. I love you babe and feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

My visit to Houston - apparently the city of LOVE! :)





The night we got engaged:

5 comments:

lmackay32 said...

You two are so cute together. I like that you remember him with brown shaggy hair, whenever I think of Randy I still think of "ffuc" (is that how you spell it? fook?) with bleached blonde hair :)

♥ Jennifer said...

Y'all are too funny with your different first date stories. Those pictures are fun to see, since I didn't know ya back then. What a place to fall in love. Texas will do that to ya. ;) Cute post, thanks for sharing!

Kat said...

Those are such cute pictures! I love the engagement night one. LOL :) You are absolutely glowing. You guys are cute together.

Alecia and Sam said...

I for one am impressed that you guys even made it to a second date without dying of boredom and sheer shock of the movie Chasing Liberty. Worst movie of all time! I am so glad you guys met because he is the best brother in law and it has brought a wonderful niece and a wonderful soon to be nephew. Love you guys and Happy V-day!!

Janae said...

Yeah! I love finding old friends! We love Kyle and Valarie. They are great. We should totally get together with the kids and have a play date. Do you still do aerobics?